Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
I've always supported VAR being introduced to the game as it seemed pretty clear cut in Tennis and American Football. Somehow we have turned it into a complete **** show for football.

Soldato
I've always supported VAR being introduced to the game as it seemed pretty clear cut in Tennis and American Football. Somehow we have turned it into a complete **** show for football.

It works almost perfectly in Rugby Union and it's always shown on the stadium screen. Not quite sure why they don't trust football fans to see some of the VAR decisions.:confused:

Soldato
It's almost as if they're doing a half arsed attempt at it so they can turn round and say "We've given it a go and it didn't work out", sometimes the decisions take so long it's as if the game has finished and the players are in the showers before they've made their minds up, complete farce the way it's being implemented.

Soldato
Spain did better than I expected against the USA. I don't know about anyone else, but hoping France can go one better and knock them out.

Not quite sure why things take so long either.

I wonder if it's because they want to make doubly sure that they are making a correct decision, as they see it. Maybe VAR officials are concerned about ridicule if they make a quick decision and that turns out to be a wrong decision. There is likely more focus on VAR in football compared to other sports where it's been in place for a long time and also maybe more people looking to ridicule the system in football if VAR makes errors.

That's my two pennies worth.

Soldato
Certainly a better half than the first. During the first half, I nearly considered going to paint something just so I could watch it dry. :p

Back
Top Bottom