Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
VAR for goals, pens needs to be shown on the screens. I can understand red card challenges not being shown as they’ve never shown bad/hard tackles in stadiums for fear of inciting the crowd.

Still this has been a good game. Understand emotions run high. I’m sure once the Cameroon ladies have seen the VAR decisions again they’ll accept it.

Soldato
I think var should be used like in tennis. Each team can only call var 3 times a match

I'm not sure that could work in a team sport. In tennis, the decision is that of one or two players whether a challenge is worth using or not. In a team sport, surely it would lead to more lengthy disruption, due to discussions between players or captain and manager over whether they want to use a VAR challenge up.

VAR system certainly needs some refining though.

Associate
They started showing a close up angle of the incident where you could see Kirby getting stood on and then went on to show the broadcast angle over and over where you couldn't see it at all.

Soldato
England have been sloppy, be interesting to see them against better opposition as they wouldn't have been let off the hook like they have here

Back
Top Bottom