Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Soldato
Almost time for my Linux box to show the correct hour!

I mentioned this earlier (in case you didn't read the whole thread). To fix across all OS, once and for all:

(1) Set your BIOS time to whatever is the current UTC/GMT (even if it's actually currently BST where you live).
(2) Linux knows - or should know - your timezone is Europe/London. It will check the BIOS expecting UTC and correct that time accordingly, now showing the correct time. Win.
(3) Windows will now whine like a little bitch and show the wrong time, because it's retarded special. Unlike the entire rest of the computing world, Windows expects things to be in localtime, not UTC. So tweak the registry to work in UTC instead of localtime and now Windows will always show the correct time, also.
(4) ???
(5) Profit!

Commissario
A useful guide for those having issues setting their clocks.

clockguide.jpg

Associate
Maybe it's only me but as someone who uses everything digital, clocks change by themselves and I don't really seem to notice, unless there's a reminder at work . Anyone else?

Man of Honour
Only thing I had to change was my travel alarm clock - my phones, computers, even my vehicles update the time automatically and stuff like the microwave is never showing the right time anyhow.

Soldato
I mentioned this earlier (in case you didn't read the whole thread). To fix across all OS, once and for all:

(1) Set your BIOS time to whatever is the current UTC/GMT (even if it's actually currently BST where you live).
(2) Linux knows - or should know - your timezone is Europe/London. It will check the BIOS expecting UTC and correct that time accordingly, now showing the correct time. Win.
(3) Windows: uninstall!
(4) ???
(5) Profit!

Fixed :)

Back
Top Bottom