Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Caporegime
I'm so pleased that we'll be back to GMT (UTC, Z, etc) this coming weekend.

We invented time, we invented Greenwich, we invented longitude and we invented clocks*

We'll be back to proper time again... BST can go swivel.

Everyone gets an extra hour sleep, everyone can be happy. GMT is the bestest!

NdqdhqX.png

*some of this may not be entirely factual
Why do you want to plunge us into perpetual darkness :( Do you have shares in a lightbulb company or something...f

Every. Sodding. Year :( :(

Oh well, in a few months time we can rejoice anew the coming of the light, and glorious BST. For now, we wait. And suffer.

Caporegime
I hate farmers.

Every 6 months I think the same. And comment the same. Farmers can change thier clocks. Not the rest of the country!

Every year I wish we had GMT + 2 in winter

Every year I'm disappointed.

Can't wait for summer. I absolutely hate autumn!
1. You've just lost summer so it's even worse
2. Summer is far away
3. After Halloween nothing to look forward to until... Summer!

Soldato
As much as I hate winter due to SAD, in the short term this could help me a bit on the return to work, I've had a non-Covid lurgy for ~2.5 weeks which has made getting up before 1000 a struggle... On work days I have to be up before 0600. :eek:

I don't usually start work until 12. I'm barely going to see daylight. GMT can sod right off.

Man of Honour
Likewise, I said and did terrible things to young women, in the judgement of today's scrutineers, yet they seemed to love it ;)

Great wasn’t it Chris, and not one of them was offended, or screamed MeToo, they were either interested, or they politely declined, and life went on :)

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Every 6 months I think the same. And comment the same. Farmers can change thier clocks. Not the rest of the country!

Every year I wish we had GMT + 2 in winter

Every year I'm disappointed.

Can't wait for summer. I absolutely hate autumn!
1. You've just lost summer so it's even worse
2. Summer is far away
3. After Halloween nothing to look forward to until... Summer!

I'll always love those exceptional peak summer nights if it was a solid clear sunny day before. Once it gets dark-ish around 23:30 and the sky is only a slight navy blue, you can still see a degree of light on the horizon. Then it was fully light by 3 - 3:30AM.

Back
Top Bottom