Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Soldato
Doesn't look like it. What I'd like to know is why this wasn't an issue with the HD+ boxes compared to past years. Why now...

They are probably testing the waters for when they introduce "an issue" which "forces" them to insist everyone has to swap out their box for the Q version. They probably thought a GMT bug would be a good way to test the amount of uproar when a seemingly blanket fault affects all normal sky+ boxes. Or it could also just be a typical Sky balls up.

Caporegime
They are probably testing the waters for when they introduce "an issue" which "forces" them to insist everyone has to swap out their box for the Q version. They probably thought a GMT bug would be a good way to test the amount of uproar when a seemingly blanket fault affects all normal sky+ boxes. Or it could also just be a typical Sky balls up.
There was no bug last year, I'm fairly sure I remember watching the Sky box then effortlessly shift from 12-1am over a two hour period.

It certainly seems like a "bug" that they've invented this year.

V F

V F

Soldato
There was no bug last year, I'm fairly sure I remember watching the Sky box then effortlessly shift from 12-1am over a two hour period.

It certainly seems like a "bug" that they've invented this year.

Heh! It gets better. It's starting to remind me of Microsoft and Windows 10. Not testing their stuff.

I mean regardless, how can something simple be complex for them?

Posted by a Sky employee

We are aware that some customers with Sky+ boxes are seeing British Summer Time shown in the Sky Guide menu following the seasonal clock change. We are investigating this and should be resolved by Thursday 4th November.

We have verified that the impact appears limited to the wrong time being shown in the clock.

Watching live TV, recordings, and downloading and playing Video On Demand are working correctly. Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Sam
Community Manager

Man of Honour
I turned ours off around 18.15 from where it was plugged into the connector to the TV, when it came back on the time was correct.

Story of my life, my wife turned the TV on at 22.04 Sunday night, and the time at the top of the screen read 23.04, so between 18.20 or thereabouts it had reverted to one hour ahead, but it was recording “Vera”, which started at 22.00.
For some unknown reason my Camberwell born, Peckham raised wife likes to watch “Vera”, although she has to have the subtitles on to understand it, which I find strange, as the North East accents seem intelligible to me.

Soldato
My Sky box seemed to fix the time by itself yesterday at about 18:30, didn't have to switch off or reboot it. But, I wake up this morning to see the box saying I have to press the yellow button to restart it, which I do, and now the time is 1 hour ahead again. Starting to look like they are indeed trying to knacker old boxes accidentally on purpose. Would not put it past them.

Soldato
Sat in the car for 10 minutes today trying to change the time, which I did in the end :rolleyes:
Wasn't all wasted though as I found a few settings for other stuff as I was scrolling through different menus I'd never seen before!
Of course, 6 months from now I'll have forgotten how to do it again.

Associate

well i am sure they used the opportunity when people ring up to complain to tell them how wonderful SkyQ is.

I returned my SkyQ and went back to SkyHD cos Q has some dumb flaws

Back
Top Bottom