Woolwich serious incident

Soldato
No it is not protesting does not have to be violent? Or maybe it does if you are of a certain persuasion. The last time I looked peaceful protest seemed to work quite well.

Peaceful protest?

What do you think this is? a democracy? How naive can you get.

These are crazed extremists blowing themselves up and hacking soldiers and you want to have a "peaceful protest" against them :D:D

Associate
The problem as you rightly state is context, which goes some way to explaining why so many atrocities attributed to Islamic extremists. Perhaps it is therefore fair to say the teachings in the Qur'an are too easily taken out of context. That blame lays solely at the feet of Islam. It should be the Muslim communities responsibility to ensure all who follow their chosen faith, ensure the teachings are correctly followed. Yet I do not see public Muslim protests against their own people when such atrocities are carried out. I see weak 'announcements' renouncing such behavior. No march, no visual appeasement. There is much more effort applied to spitting at soldiers returning from tours of duty, burning poppies and the British flag on remembrance day. Surely their efforts would be better spent calming the nation, proving how peaceful Islam can be rather than inciting hatred.

Hi there w3bbo, you are right in saying that the Qur'an can be taken out of context too easily, this is indeed very true. You see, the Qur'an is comprised of the Classical Arabic language (deep and rich in vocabulary) which means that in order to understand it, one must study it for a number of years. It is a fact recognized by the linguists of today that the Arabic language has the best ability to express wide and deep thoughts and to explain important subjects in short and precise words. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you can understand - people make the grave mistake of trying to understand the Qur'an from the get-go.

With regards to the Muslim communities having to take responsibility to ensure such atrocities do not occur. I'm not sure they are obliged to take responsibility as such. There have been many Muslim communities denouncing the events of today, with many stating that the perpetrators were not even part of their communities. Additionally, many Imams and Mosques have spoken loudly against the actions of the Woolwich murderers, need they do any more?

As for those who partake in spitting at soldiers returning from tours of duty, burning poppies and the British flag on remembrance day. What can I tell you w3bbo? The vast majority of UK Muslims oppose such actions AFAIK and want nothing to do with such characters. I think the group you are referring to are Anjem Choudary's group (which no one really likes anyway).

Ultimately, you are correct in the sense that the UK Muslims need a louder voice. When such atrocities occur, people need to know that the Muslims are against such incidents and that their religion does not teach nor allow such unfathomable events.

I sincerely hope you understand.

Soldato
When such atrocities occur, people need to know that the Muslims are against such incidents and that their religion does not teach nor allow such unfathomable events.

I think they do the leaders are very quick to condemn such actions. You seem to be a rather eloquent and knowledgable chap - have you ever gone into the places where these false messages are given and challenged the teaching in those mosques and universities etc? Just out of interest.

Soldato
I think they do the leaders are very quick to condemn such actions. You seem to be a rather eloquent and knowledgable chap - have you ever gone into the places where these false messages are given and challenged the teaching in those mosques and universities etc? Just out of interest.

You cant just go into a crack house and tell everyone to simply stop being addicted to cocaine.

What makes you think one can simply walk into a terrorist meeting and start telling them to stop wanting to terrorise?

The crackheads will probably lob a bag of needles at you and the terrorists will lob a few bombs at you.

Soldato
You cant just go into a crack house and tell everyone to simply stop being addicted to cocaine.

What makes you think one can simply walk into a terrorist meeting and start telling them to stop wanting to terrorise?

Because these are not terrorist meetings are they these are places of worship - mosques. The are perverting the message of the one true god and they are not doing it in some living room they are doing it openly and in public - without challenge. And I doubt they carry bombs everywhere not every can get advanced weaponry as quickly as you can.

Soldato
Personally, I don't think the muslim community would ever be able to stop this sort of thing happening by extremists. Maybe reduce it but never eradicate it. They can educate as much as they like, but like in all walks of life, to do with religion or not, where the majority of people are good, there will always be unbalanced people ready to pull a trigger or wield a knife. And as long as the likes of Choudray exist to brainwash weak minded, uneducated, stupid individuals with nothing else in their lives, there will always be these incidents.

Associate

I'm afraid I haven't Xordium. I have heard that such environments can become heated if challenged and that unfortunately, it is not as simple as you may suggest. Additionally, one simply does not have the time, money and resources (as well as bodyguards) to challenge such groups. Furthermore, before challenging them, one must find them.. and how does one find such groups? With all due respect, It simply seems a bit impractical and somewhat unrealistic. I am not the religious police :cool:

Caporegime
Not sure if this has been posted but The Mirror has a video up of the 2 guys being shot

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woolwich-attack-watch-shocking-video-1907772

Can't beleive the Mirror's take on it after watching the video. They made it out the other guy was doining a poincer movement and the two cops in the first car were luckily saved by other armed officers. The 2nd guy, albeit who had a gun, been so far away from the first car was less of a threat. The cops in the first car had loads of time to take him down themselves.

And I thought a woman armed cop shot them? It says the woman only had a taser and it was her male colleague who shot them????

Associate
I'm sure many of you have seen this, but it's the first time I've seen this guy talking on the subject and I reckon he has it absolutely bang on. This basically sums up what the majority have been arguing in this thread:

Linky

Permabanned
I'm sure many of you have seen this, but it's the first time I've seen this guy talking on the subject and I reckon he has it absolutely bang on. This basically sums up what the majority have been arguing in this thread:

Linky

The fear of racism stops any serious political debate and that enables the likes of the BNP and EDL.

Permabanned

The crackheads will probably lob a bag of needles at you and the terrorists will lob a few bombs at you.

Crackhouse/addicted to coke and throwing needles? doesn't make sense. you know nothing of the streets and ur probably addicted to maal yourself mr kaffir. you shouldn't really comment on islam seeing as ur an apostate.

Man of Honour
Hi there w3bbo, you are right in saying that the Qur'an can be taken out of context too easily, this is indeed very true. You see, the Qur'an is comprised of the Classical Arabic language (deep and rich in vocabulary) which means that in order to understand it, one must study it for a number of years. It is a fact recognized by the linguists of today that the Arabic language has the best ability to express wide and deep thoughts and to explain important subjects in short and precise words. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you can understand - people make the grave mistake of trying to understand the Qur'an from the get-go.

With regards to the Muslim communities having to take responsibility to ensure such atrocities do not occur. I'm not sure they are obliged to take responsibility as such. There have been many Muslim communities denouncing the events of today, with many stating that the perpetrators were not even part of their communities. Additionally, many Imams and Mosques have spoken loudly against the actions of the Woolwich murderers, need they do any more?

As for those who partake in spitting at soldiers returning from tours of duty, burning poppies and the British flag on remembrance day. What can I tell you w3bbo? The vast majority of UK Muslims oppose suchay actions AFAIK and want nothing to do with such characters. I think the group you are referring to are Anjem Choudary's group (which no one really likes anyway).

Ultimately, you are correct in the sense that the UK Muslims need a louder voice. When such atrocities occur, people need to know that the Muslims are against such incidents and that their religion does not teach nor allow such unfathomable events.

I sincerely hope you understand.

Thank you for the honest and thoughtful response. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a stronger representation of what is claimed to be 'true' Islam would go some way to smothering the racial hatred that festers from such incidents from both sides of the fence.

Back
Top Bottom