World Cup Group B (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden) **SPOILERS**

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
I wish i knew what Sven was smoking, according to the BBC he said 'we have enough strikers to fill that role', Crouch/Walcott erm... oh thats it, he's right yer know. :D

he's probably thinking

"hmmm, Hargreaves up front? Svenners you've done it again"

:p

Soldato
Gilly said:
If Walcott was going to play in this WC he'd have played him last night...

Precisely he should have been given his chance last night instead of crouch coming on straight away. It will be stupid bringing him on during the knock out stages as his experience is pretty much nil. If he had got brought on last night they could have seen how he'd have coped and played, but the way it looks is that he won't get played this world cup.

I think Sven know's the above now and wishes he brought along Defoe because we need strikers who have got the experience and who can finish on a regular basis.

Caporegime
v1bez said:
Precisely he should have been given his chance last night instead of crouch coming on straight away. It will be stupid bringing him on during the knock out stages as his experience is pretty much nil. If he had got brought on last night they could have seen how he'd have coped and played, but the way it looks is that he won't get played this world cup.

I think Sven know's the above now and wishes he brought along Defoe because we need strikers who have got the experience and who can finish on a regular basis.

Agreed, we were already through to the next round, there was no need to risk picking up more yellows to rule those players out of the next match, so Walcott should have got a run out, it was a perfect opportunity to see how well he could cope, there was no risks at all during that match, win/lose didn't matter, already through, what if Crouch or Gerrard picked up another yellow, they would have been out of the next match, then we would have had to have stuck Rooney on for 90 minutes with Walcott, or he would have had to take Rooney off when he got ****** as he can't do 90 minutes yet, and left just Walcott up there on his todd, as we have no more strikers. and stuck Hargreaves on as well, we need our best players now for the knock out stages, once we lose those matches were coming home, the Sweden match didn't matter.

All they did it for is because they wanted to avoid Germany, thats just saying 'well we can't beat those, so if we get them next were coming home afterwards', so they only want to avoid them so they get through to the next round after that, so they are really saying 'we are not going to win it anyway', as they will have to play the Germans at some point if they don't get knocked out, what if its us vs them in the final, we may as well not bother and just give em the cup as they have been avoiding them all throught the tournament so they would'nt knock em out, but the final is the last game, we can not avoid them in the final as theres nowhere else to go, so just give them the cup if that happens and just fly back.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are we doing about spoilers threads for the second round games, can we make our own, or are the dons going to put them all in place like earlier? I take it there will be a thread per game?

Don
Fusion said:
What are we doing about spoilers threads for the second round games, can we make our own, or are the dons going to put them all in place like earlier? I take it there will be a thread per game?

we'll get them sorted :)

Soldato
:(

Ecuador's Ulises De La Cruz back is ready to rough up England striker Wayne Rooney when they meet in the second round game on Sunday.

He said: "The fact he is not totally fit gives us a boost. Perhaps I can give his foot a kick to test it out.

"I will certainly do my best to see if he is 100% fit or not."

I hope there are players who will try and shield Rooney from morons like this.

Soldato
Ecuador's Ulises De La Cruz back is ready to rough up England striker Wayne Rooney when they meet in the second round game on Sunday.

He said: "The fact he is not totally fit gives us a boost. Perhaps I can give his foot a kick to test it out.

"I will certainly do my best to see if he is 100% fit or not."

i hope the Ref reads it and cards him at first sign him trying to 'test the foot'

or i hope this cruz snaps his own leg trying, what an idiot

Soldato
It would be really difficult for someone to purposely try and damage someone's foot. Unless they stood next to them and stamped on them as hard as they could. But that would be an instant red card. He's just trying to put the frighteners on Rooney.

Back
Top Bottom