World Cup Group B (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden) **SPOILERS**

Soldato
Especially as he's amazingly bad in the air for someone of his size.

Walcott and Rooney up front is a must. Walcott will have no fear just like Owen in 98. If Sven doesn't start him again Ecuador to get him the experience then England might as well pack their bags. Also, Sven needs to drops Beckham in favour of Lennon, again, just to see how things work. I don't see the problem there. Atleast we will have a threat down both wings.

Soldato
beckham is no good.

lampard isnt doing much.

weird to say but.. center midfield.. gerrard/hargreaves...for a laugh.

lennon on the right for sure. walcott and rooney up front...

go for it.

Soldato
Locrian said:
This is a quote from Sven in the BBC news report about Owen:

I simply cannot understand what the hell walcott is doing there if sven cant even remember his name.

apparently BBC think he did:

"But Eriksson insisted his team were still capable of lifting the World Cup despite the loss of Owen.

"We have Theo Walcott, who we haven't seen yet, we have the players in the squad who can play second striker such as Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard and Aaron Lennon can do it too. "

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
beckham is no good.

lampard isnt doing much.

weird to say but.. center midfield.. gerrard/hargreaves...for a laugh.

lennon on the right for sure. walcott and rooney up front...

go for it.

Would be interesting to see definately.

Soldato
Morba said:
people still hating hargreaves even tho it was prolly his best game in an england shirt!

daily mail only gave him 6/10 :/

I was pretty content with his performance, way better than 6/10 tbh. Even had a few shots on goal from out the box but they were deflected.

daz

daz

Soldato
I wouldn't say that Hargreaves was superb, but he did play well, and was one of England's better players. The 2nd goal was not Sol Cambell's fault, it was a culmination of a series of defensive errors by several players.

TomHark said:
I should have known it was all Beckham's fault. How dare he let a long throw into the box bounce three times without clearing it... :rolleyes:

Marcus Allback was Beckham's man. He let him go and Allback was able to score a glancing header for Sweden's first. That said, Beckham should not have been given the task of marking any of their strikers in my opinion.

Soldato
Feel sorry for Owen; he just doesn't get a break - no pun intended! Cruciate ligament :(

I would agree with what a few have said about our line-up against Ecuador:

Code:
Robinson

Carragher - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole

Hargreaves

Beckham - Gerrard - Lampard - Cole

Rooney

Rooney has to stay furthe up the field, but having Hargreaves as a holding player can give Gerrard/Lampard space to get forward and support him with Cole/Beckham proving throughballs and crosses where necessary. If we're going to mix it up, bring off one of the central midfielders or even Carragher/Cole, shake it up, and bring Lennon and Walcott on. Can't see any option Crouch can provide now.

Back
Top Bottom