World Cup Group B (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden) **SPOILERS**

Soldato
I'd be willing to bet Sven feels like a royal ***** now picking Walcott for the England squad. Although he will face no consequences for his squad selection after the WC.

Soldato
walcott really needs to play now,

we cant just rely on crouch and rooney every game for 90mins...

and as for playing 5 in midfield they are taking the ****, its amzing really... of all the places we didnt want injuries... thats exactly where we shall have them.

now for the most important thing.. newcastle only has ameobi.. looks like we will be playing a 4-5-1 til november/december...probably january

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
I'd be willing to bet Sven feels like a royal ***** now picking Walcott for the England squad. Although he will face no consequences for his squad selection after the WC.
We havn't seen the lad play yet, he might have as much impact as Lennon did againt T&T. Then again he might be pap, but we can't write him off yet.

Soldato
Mr_L said:
We havn't seen the lad play yet, he might have as much impact as Lennon did againt T&T. Then again he might be pap, but we can't write him off yet.

True, but IMO it wasn't worth the gamble including him in the squad. There were other players who had actual Premiership experience who really should be in the squad now.

Soldato
Am i the only one who was absolutely furious watching the match last night when Owen got injured. I knew taking 3 1/2 strikers would come back to haunt him! Total freakin idiot! The guy must be on drugs.

Saying that, i was delighted the way we played in the 1st half (even when Crouch came on). Hargreaves did really well and i can see what Erikkson sees in him now. Larsson was hardly mentioned throughout the 1st half. I put this down to Hargreaves stopping any supply line towards him.

2nd half, we were back to our usual abysmal selves! I though Carragher had an awful game. He was too often out of position leading to A Cole having to mop up for him on a couple of occasions. Carraghers slow, too defensive and cannot pass. Get well soon Gary!

Terry was as much at fault for the Swedish 2nd goal as Campbell was. What the hell does Erikkson tell the team at half time for them to perform so consistantly poor?

We got out of jail in that 2nd half. They say you need luck to win World Cups. Well i think weve used all ours up in that second half!

I'm also worried how we'll react when we actually go a goal down against a decent side. Erikkson lacks any sort of nouse to change things for the better.

I'd play Robinson, A Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Beckham, J Cole, Hargreaves, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney against Ecuador. Rooney would be an out and out striker with Gerrard just behind him. I'm also beginning to wonder what Beckhams role in the team is when we don't play Crouch. I've been his biggest supporter in the past but i now doubt he really deserves his place.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nedved11 said:
Its too late.

Yup, its his won fault, Defoe/Johnson etc... but no, Sven will not listen, it has to be Rooney/Owen wether they are fit or not, so now were gona pay, we have to play a kid who's never kicked a ball in the Premiership, unless he wants to risk serious injury to Rooney, the top teams like Brazil/Argentina are gona have a field day against Walcott. :(

Associate
fozzybear said:
I'm also beginning to wonder what Beckhams role in the team is when we don't play Crouch. I've been his biggest supporter in the past but i now doubt he really deserves his place.
His free kicks and corners have been very poor in the last few games as well.

Soldato
I still can't see Sven playing Walcott. He's more likely to put Cole / Gerrard in as a support striker than play him. Give the lad a bloody chance i say, i wouldnt' have even considered him for the squad but as he's here we need to use him.

Man of Honour
fozzybear said:
I'd play Robinson, A Cole, Terry, Carragher, Beckham, J Cole, Hargreaves, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney against Ecuador. Rooney would be an out and out striker with Gerrard just behind him. I'm also beginning to wonder what Beckhams role in the team is when we don't play Crouch. I've been his biggest supporter in the past but i now doubt he really deserves his place.
We'll get hammered with only 10 players;)
I'd like to see a 4-1-4-1, with Rooney up front on his own and Lamps & Gerrard joining him as & when. We've still got plenty of gaosl in the tema, Lamps for instance can't keep missing, 18 shots so far, the most in the WC.

Last edited:
Associate
This is a quote from Sven in the BBC news report about Owen:
"We have the players in the squad who can play second striker such as Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard and Aaron Lennon can do it too."

I simply cannot understand what the hell walcott is doing there if sven cant even remember his name.

Soldato
Zenith said:
His free kicks and corners have been very poor in the last few games as well.

I don't think we lack players that are good from set pieces. I'd now rather see Lampard or Gerrard taking free kicks. Lampard has a great record of getting a high percentage of shots on goal on target.

I can also imagine Lennon getting to the byline and pulling back balls to Rooney with Lampard and Gerrard sniffing round the penalty spot. It's a tough call to drop Beckham though it'll NEVER happen whilst Erikkson (or McClaren) is in charge.

Soldato
walcott and rooney up front... seems logical to me.

rooney setting up walcott to use his pace to play off the last defender.. like owen.

fair enough he might miss a few as he is young.. but hoofing a ball up to a donkey isnt going to beat the likes of argentina/spain/italy/germany/brazil etc...

Associate
I didnt think my estimation of Sven as a man could sink any lower but it has. He really is a pathetic spineless slug, isnt he? If you take a player you should be prepared to play him. He sounds more like a politician than a manager, as he ALWAYS has some spin to put on his idiotic decisions.

Soldato
Locrian said:
This is a quote from Sven in the BBC news report about Owen:

"We have the players in the squad who can play second striker such as Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard and Aaron Lennon can do it too."

I simply cannot understand what the hell walcott is doing there if sven cant even remember his name.

The full quote is:-

"We have Theo Walcott, who we haven't seen yet, we have the players in the squad who can play second striker such as Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard and Aaron Lennon can do it too.

"I'm not that worried about it. We don't want any more injuries on strikers but I'm not worried," added Eriksson.

You should be worried Sven! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom