World cup trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Tru said:
English people are completely humourless when it comes to national football, whereas the rest of can have laugh and move on.

(edited following your edit.)

I think you'll find that a few Brazilian's, Argentinian's and Ukrainian's weren't finding it too funny when they got eliminated either and neither would millions of Scottish supporters if the roles were reversed.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Oh come on, you aint even trying to say muslims have it bad in comparison to middle aged (older than teen and younger than pensioners) white guys.

We're the only minority left of which its freely OK to rip the **** out of whenever you fancy.

You have lost me with that first paragaph mate. Don't get me wrong, you won't see a sikh guy sticking up for Muslims (we have disliked them long before you started ;)) but sometimes the stick they get here is a bit out of order. They have had it pretty good here and most of them are just getting selfish if they think England should just keep giving them what they want but I think my main problem is some people are quick to slate them and Indians without really understanding the situation properly

Big Kev said:
I presume you reported these posts, but if nothing is done, drop a Don an email.

No I didn't, when I was a regular around here I used to see it all the time and did point it out on the forums but tbh I stopped bothering afterwards.

Big Kev said:
Millions of people all over the world take going out of the World Cup very seriously and will lose their sense of humour for a while and anyone taking advantage of that is showing a great deal of disrespect, which isn't on.

The Scottish lot also have feelings but everyone here in England is quick to laugh at them when they fail but when they return the favour people from this country take it too personally.

Man of Honour
Jazz said:
You have lost me with that first paragaph mate.
I mean there isn't a problem with anyone taking the mickey out of white guys, but any other minority its a cardinal sin.

[edit]Tru, I can't read that word without thinking of Agent Smith. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I mean there isn't a problem with anyone taking the mickey out of white guys, but any other minority its a cardinal sin.

Never said that was right either but on this forum (speakers corner mainly) sometimes people step over the line with their comments towards minorities and nothing is done about it.

Associate
i dont see what all the fuss is.. let them troll.. its funny when they take delight in england defeats.. to think they watch the games praying for a loss... lol... how sad... do english fans sit around watching scottish/ROI matches hoping they will lose? no... no one in england gives a damn.. hell no one even knows whether scotland/ROI has played a game or not.. they're completely off the radar to england fans... its a bit like asking a chelsea fan whether or not he saw slough town play... slough who? :p

Man of Honour
Thats not the case, I watch whatever footy is on when I get a chance, though don't enjoy it as much as my own teams playing, obviously.

I always support the home nations when they play.

Caporegime
Big Kev said:
I presume you reported these posts, but if nothing is done, drop a Don an email.

I know i have many times in the past, especially in SC...one of the reason why i no longer go in there. But has anything been done about it, hell no...it just seems that its an ok thing for people to do here...dolph is a fine mod...ive had plenty of discussions on this anti muslim feeling on here and tbh i can see where hes coming from when he says that everyones entitled to an opinion.

Anyways i dont like trolling much myself, havent got time to put up with it but i know a lot of english fans are upset about the way they went out of the WC. I mean i dont make it a secret that i dont support England, last time i did was back in Euro 96 when Venables was in charge...really because at that time England played some very exciting footy. But ill say this i did feel bad about the way england went out and im not one to gloat about their loss. If Rooney hadnt been baited and got sent off and then England got dumped then fine....but the way they got dumped has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I really do detest unsporting behaviour tbh and the same would apply to Brazil, if one of their players did that to another team i would be pretty upset about it.

Man of Honour
Tru said:
I think, in general, the Scottish population are far more philisophical about our inevitable elimination from football tournaments.

I was going to stay out of this topic completely but I've got to say I rather enjoyed following the fortunes of T&T in the World Cup(well as much as I could, it is on at stupid times in the morning or when I am at work), they made an admirable substitute for Scotland. They showed a bit of promise, were a bit unlucky and went home in the first round with none of the fans causing any trouble and there was a Scotland in the squad, if my team can't be there then they were the next best thing :D

Every time I read this thread title I keep thinking it say World Class trolling and I wonder who has been nominated for the award.

Soldato
Jazz said:
No I didn't, when I was a regular around here I used to see it all the time and did point it out on the forums but tbh I stopped bothering afterwards.

Maybe a Don didn't see your post and if you can't be bothered reporting the post, then you can't moan about it. The RTM function is there for a reason, we can't read every single post I'm afraid.

Jazz said:
The Scottish lot also have feelings but everyone here in England is quick to laugh at them when they fail but when they return the favour people from this country take it too personally.

If people started making juvenile comments when Scotland were knocked out in qualifying, they were deleted as well, but they were few and far between, unlike yesterdays childish antics.

Regardless of anyone's reasoning, however weak, anyone with a modicum of common sense would realise there's a time and place for mickey taking, and yesterday wasn't it.

Caporegime
Tru said:
I think, in general, the Scottish population are far more philisophical about our inevitable elimination from football tournaments.

They wouldnt be if the team turned up with a genuine chance of winning it. If they had a team that on paper could be the best in the tournament.

Then you would see dissapointment on a much larger scale.

I dont remember too many philisophical scots when gazza flipped the ball over your defense in Euro 96 ;) and Mcallister missed the penalty.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
They wouldnt be if the team turned up with a genuine chance of winning it. If they had a team that on paper could be the best in the tournament.

Then you would see dissapointment on a much larger scale.

I dont remember too many philisophical scots when gazza flipped the ball over your defense in Euro 96 ;) and Mcallister missed the penalty.
So you're saying it's only because we have a bad football team that we're not a nation of deluded sore-losers?

What do you mean by the last bit? Where were you that you may have come across, 'philisophical scots'? We're you in Scotland? Did you attend any of our matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom