World cup trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ErinGoBrath said:
So your father made his generisation on one pub in Ireland? Nice one.

The pub I was in today was all for England which would contradict your fathers findings.

The Irish were behind the English this year regardless of what you've heard.

Before you jump the gun, who said he was in just one pub?

He would have been in quite a few.

I'm sorry but a very high percentage of the Irish were against England no matter what you think.

Soldato
Jokester said:
Had to laugh a Shearer's comment, moment he said he knew he was in trouble and there was 5s of embarressed silence.

Jokester
That was rather amusing. I was wondering if he suddenly realised what he was saying or if someone had a word in his ear. He stopped mid flow so could have been the latter :p

Soldato
Big Kev said:
Why do Scottish people buy these papers then, if there wasn't the demand, then surely they'd do something about it??

Does that mean that because of the way the British/English press behave, whole nations hate England, if so, then that's pretty sad, considering most of us down here have very little respect for the press and don't trust them at all.

It has nothing to do with us buying papers, papers are not the issue, Scottish media doesnt seem to care, but its UK media which seems to think its English media like ITN news etc, and BBC sport who think the whole of the UK is England when it clearly isnt.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I love it how we can take the mickey out of pretty much anything on the forums (religions, human tragedy etc) but as soon as you show a hint of shaudenfreude towards the England football team Oh noes it's 'trolling'!

Sorry but it's not trolling, it's giving an opinion. Not everyone wants the England team to do well, you should be used to it by now.

Soldato
Tru said:
I love it how we can take the mickey out of pretty much anything on the forums (religions, human tragedy etc) but as soon as you show a hint of shaudenfreude towards the England football team Oh noes it's 'trolling'!

Sorry but it's not trolling, it's giving an opinion. Not everyone wants the England team to do well, you should be used to it by now.

Certain people were just baiting people who were obviously upset, which is trolling and isn't tolerated, as per the faq.

Here's a definition from Wikipedia:

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

Soldato
Tru said:

Spot on there, the amount of stick Muslims get on this forum is quite pathetic and many view this forum as racist due to that but I don't think I've seen a mod try and stop it but say anything bad about England and then watch them get stuck in.

Man of Honour
Oh come on, you aint even trying to say muslims have it bad in comparison to middle aged (older than teen and younger than pensioners) white guys.

We're the only minority left of which its freely OK to rip the **** out of whenever you fancy.

Soldato
Jazz said:
Spot on there, the amount of stick Muslims get on this forum is quite pathetic and many view this forum as racist due to that but I don't think I've seen a mod try and stop it but say anything bad about England and then watch them get stuck in.

I presume you reported these posts, but if nothing is done, drop a Don an email.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
My point is that we all have to be extra careful when it's English football that's involved.

10 years ago, directly after the match when Scotland we were eliminated from Euro96, I got a call from some mates in Manchester, they had a good laugh at me, reminded me of how crap Scotland are at football and sang a few lines of 'Three lions', I told them I'd be returning the favour very soon.

Fast forward to England going out on pens and I try to phone him back, he doesn't answer because (as I found out several weeks later), he 'would never have spoken to me again', had I laughed at him because his team lost.

As a nation you take football too seriously and will always be a target for wind up merchants because of that.

Man of Honour
Tru said:
As a nation you take football too seriously and will always be a target for wind up merchants because of that.
I accept that, but surely the people that know that and play on it are worthy of a bad reaction - after all, they should know its coming if they're goading on purpose.

Soldato
Tru said:

Millions of people all over the world take going out of the World Cup very seriously and will lose their sense of humour for a while and anyone taking advantage of that is showing a great deal of disrespect, which isn't on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom