** WORLD EXCLUSIVE - THE 8PACK EDITION 2000W 80+ PLATINUM SUPERFLOWER PSU IS HERE! **

Associate
Pretty sure the wiring in my study will not cope with that thing. Surely there's a limit to how much a single psu can be?
There's a thread here discussing it http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19025833

A single socket can handle about 3120W. Tumble dryers and hair dryers can approach 3000W so a 2000W PSU shouldn't be a problem providing your not daisy chaining lots of other stuff off the same socket.

I don't think these SF PSUs come with a kettle lead, might be a good idea to check the one you use has a 13amp fuse fitted instead of 5 or 3amp.

Associate
Great new on this 2KW PSU, was right but no surprise. Design and quality looks great unlike 7-8 years ago for those huge boulders and far more efficient with modern certs and engineering. Even when we had 1KW those things are probably the same size and weight as this PSU.

Couple of questions

1) I recall we had several 2KW PSUs back in 2007/2008. Quick google return this review (legit reviews) and this E-Power (OCC). Reviewed Ultra is not a good PSU (do also remember ThermalTake 2KW) and was shipped worldwide for consumers, how is this SuperFlower Leadex the worlds first consumer 2KW PSU when these were aimed with multiple GPUs in mind? :confused:

2) How can we ensure that our wires and fuse box are up to the job, any idea what it would normally cost to update wiring? My fuse box should be fine at 63A/30mA, I think and wiring was re-done in 2005. As anandtech puts it "the single 12V rail that can output up to 166.6A, implying a certain fire hazard if that current were to be drained from a single connector."

OcUK Staff
OP
It's the world's first 2000W certified 80+ Platinum PSU. If you can show me evidence of another in existence then I'll happily concede to your Google researching skills. Plus I'm fairly certain none of those so called 2000W PSUS got anywhere near a 2000W output. This one clearly can. The fact none of them are still available tells you a lot too. Regarding your wiring, try boiling your kettle. If it doesn't blow up, congratulations, your wiring can handle this PSU. Anandtech are basing their opinion on US supply I.e. 115V.

Last edited:
Associate
Good enough for me ChugNorris.

Platinum didn't come in til 2009, standard 80+ was launched in 2007. Common sense that there is no way in a long shot PSUs from 2007 could compete with SF 80+ Platinum at 94% with 50% load. The Ultra x3 was rated at 1800W through the 12V, near enough to 2KW.

Any hints at this coming close to 96% Titanium spec like the 1200W SuperFlower Platinum?

OcUK Staff
OP
It's 80+ Platinum 230v EU, which on the 115v test is pretty much Titanium efficiency. Getting a 2000W 230v EU Titanium spec isn't out of the question I'm sure, but the price premium would be unreasonable.

Associate
2) How can we ensure that our wires and fuse box are up to the job, any idea what it would normally cost to update wiring? My fuse box should be fine at 63A/30mA, I think and wiring was re-done in 2005. As anandtech puts it "the single 12V rail that can output up to 166.6A, implying a certain fire hazard if that current were to be drained from a single connector."

Your missing the point that is 166A @ 12V, voltage and current are directly proportional. Thus the 166A at 12V = @8.3A @ 240V. Ohms Law P = I x V

Back
Top Bottom