World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

We buy tons of Dell stuff at work and they almost always come faster than the given dates. It wouldn't surprise me if some people got them before the 22nd April.

Given you've just spoken to them it probably is legit, that's the current Dell Advantage 23% discount, and I'm pretty sure someone else posted they've had the same offer following a live chat.

Are they going to call you or have they given you a number to ring?

Will try that now I'm fed up getting zero discounts with Dell UK.

Done just got wait for 30 minutes for email from DellUK to see if any discount coming my way lol.

Update
Three hours later nothing from Dell UK, I'm not suprised will wait for Black Friday sale's then.

Last edited:
Given you've just spoken to them it probably is legit, that's the current Dell Advantage 23% discount, and I'm pretty sure someone else posted they've had the same offer following a live chat.

Are they going to call you or have they given you a number to ring?

Hi Haggisman - thanks for your reply. They want my number to call me. It feels legit and I'm going to use a credit card with a lot of fraud protection options but I'd feel like such a chump if it was a scam.

I guess in defence of this being legit the email is from Dell, the conversation started on the Dell website, the chat transcript has been sent to me from Dell and it will be on a credit card with fraud protection.

If anyone's interested I have spoken to some other retailers [that I will not mention, to avoid the ire of the moderators here] and apparently Dell are not likely to provide stock to third party retailers any time soon. Seems like they want to deal direct with people.

Anyone know whether the student discount can be used again in the future if you cancel?

Also is the difference in ppi noticeable from a 28" 4k?

Anyone know whether the student discount can be used again in the future if you cancel?

Re PPI - there is definitely a big difference between the two sizes and resolutions you mention. I'd guess it would be noticable, but it will probalby only bother you if you are looking at the two side-by-side. I'm typing on a 1080p ultrawide 34" and it's fine...provided I'm not looking at another screen as well!

Re PPI - there is definitely a big difference between the two sizes and resolutions you mention. I'd guess it would be noticable, but it will probalby only bother you if you are looking at the two side-by-side. I'm typing on a 1080p ultrawide 34" and it's fine...provided I'm not looking at another screen as well!

All my other screens / devices are high ppi so might be an issue - my ideal would be a 32" 4k oled...

I’ve just read on Reddit that if I didn’t receive a uk plug then chances are I didn’t get the warranty either and low and behold it’s not on my packaging slip. This is turning into a right **** show.

Yeah UK plug I'm not concerned about as got plenty of power kettle cables.

Hopefully the warranty thing won't be an issue and can be easily solved.

No it can't. I cancelled and asked and they said no to me but I have stated I want email writing that and confirmation because it isn't on the terms and conditions anywhere. They are one time use code but that fine if you actually keep the item.

Also yes PPI for a 28" 4k is 157, this is 109 to compare and yes I do find it noticeable but limited 21:9 high PPI products.

No it can't. I cancelled and asked and they said no to me but I have stated I want email writing that and confirmation because it isn't on the terms and conditions anywhere. They are one time use code but that fine if you actually keep the item.

Also yes PPI for a 28" 4k is 157, this is 109 to compare and yes I do find it noticeable but limited 21:9 high PPI products.

Thanks for confirmation - that's annoying...

Been in discussion with a dell rep by email venting a bit at them about poor comms.. They offered me the option to cancel, no thanks, I do want the monitor just not happy about the communication, people after me time wise getting them and me not etc...
15 mins after the chat got an 'order cancelled email'. Just been told to 'just re-order it', have responded as I did NOT want to cancel... This means I would loose my place in the queue and have to wait, and lose the tasty discount.

Absolute shower of to be honest... Not happy about wasting my time having to sort/chase this!

:(

All I wanted was to replace my (OLD) 32" 4k 60hz jobber that is awful for gaming.. And this has turned into a right faff.

Been in discussion with a dell rep by email venting a bit at them about poor comms.. They offered me the option to cancel, no thanks, I do want the monitor just not happy about the communication, people after me time wise getting them and me not etc...
15 mins after the chat got an 'order cancelled email'. Just been told to 'just re-order it', have responded as I did NOT want to cancel... This means I would loose my place in the queue and have to wait.

Absolute shower of to be honest... Not happy about wasting my time having to sort/chase this!

All I wanted was to replace my (OLD) 32" 4k 60hz jobber that is awful for gaming.. And this has turned into a right faff.

Yeah sometimes it's better to just wait it out and not stir the pot.

15 mins after the chat got an 'order cancelled email'. Just been told to 'just re-order it', have responded as I did NOT want to cancel... This means I would loose my place in the queue and have to wait, and lose the tasty discount.

I mean you can see from this thread numerous people are going in stating the same thing/kicking up a fuss, as if the people on the end of that line have any control over the matter.

They've given a reasonably good ETA for a high demanded product and they were a little slow on it (not like money was taken afaik unlike overclockers for example :)? )

Not that you should've got that outcome but people need to catch a grip and be patient here.

Back
Top Bottom