World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
Let’s see if they will will let you have it for £800 now :cry:

If not enjoy it for a 13 days and send it back. They deserved no less for this **** show. Messing people around like that.

Yup that's my plan, will tide me over till second one arrives if they don't budge.

Associate
Aye, same 22nd April.

Rofl at this. Well at least I got it cheaper with discounts.

Gives me time to talk my girlfriend around to the idea. That will probably take roughly a month anyway. Hehe

Agree crap comms. Could be a place holder date or they “might” get it earlier. Who knows. At least we know now it’s not arriving anytime in the next week.

Associate
Same email about a delay to April 22nd, order confirmation at 8:07. Problem is how likely is April 22nd delivery, would not surprise me if there were multiple delays the way things are going.

Soldato
I think people get that, but seeing order dates people who ordered earlier did not get them, and random people who ordered later did. None of this makes sense from a stock management point of view, and is this RNG ordering queue going to continue even when they get more stock?

Associate
It’s almost as if this monitor is in massively high demand across the world!
They would know this, marketing should have a good idea how much demand there is for a product, especially one they are touting as 'worlds first' QD-OLED blah blah blah

Why is it that companies like Nvidia, AMD, Dell etc always come out with the same BS about demand being greater than they expected. What the hell are their marketing departments telling them about demand for the products they are trying to sell.

Permabanned
Same here
e2d591e7113b29269b844b2e6dce70357317d8ad.png

Associate
Hi guys, I just got on an online chat with someone at Dell UK and they have sent me an offer email and I need to transact over the phone. The email is from a Dell address, and the chat happened on the Dell website, but the discount is pretty big (£847 inc VAT). Is this legit?! I'd usually do this throug the website to avoid being scammed but apparently it's not an option in this instance....

Soldato
Hi guys, I just got on an online chat with someone at Dell UK and they have sent me an offer email and I need to transact over the phone. The email is from a Dell address, and the chat happened on the Dell website, but the discount is pretty big (£847 inc VAT). Is this legit?! I'd usually do this throug the website to avoid being scammed but apparently it's not an option in this instance....

Given you've just spoken to them it probably is legit, that's the current Dell Advantage 23% discount, and I'm pretty sure someone else posted they've had the same offer following a live chat.

Are they going to call you or have they given you a number to ring?

Caporegime
They would know this, marketing should have a good idea how much demand there is for a product, especially one they are touting as 'worlds first' QD-OLED blah blah blah

Why is it that companies like Nvidia, AMD, Dell etc always come out with the same BS about demand being greater than they expected. What the hell are their marketing departments telling them about demand for the products they are trying to sell.
They will be making as many as they can right now and likely have been for weeks if not months. The decision to launch was also likely made weeks if not months ago. The only way they could have fulfilled demand is to have delayed the launch, again possibly by months.

Back
Top Bottom