World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Ive read through some comments. The man is clueless. His settings:
"The QD OLED is in rpg preset. It has a saturated tone. But white is not bright as seen here. Yes the 27" is at 500+nits in full screen power. It is noticeable right way in certain scenes."
Every other reviewer says you need to keep it in standard mode to be the most accurate. And he is recording side by side with a screen that is twice as bright :cry: no wonder grass looks greener when there is 300 nits between them.
And such a disgrace has 6k subscribers...lol, just lol.

Caporegime
The youtube guy has a very ironic channel name. He clearly lives in his own alternative reality :D

Pretty much.

"friends.... friends.... friends...."

"i like what i like"

"i have to be honest with you as i also have to be honest with myself"

"dont believe other people, believe me"

etc.

:cry:

Sounds like the guy is trying to convince himself more than his audience tbh :p

As for lugerfied, I thought the name looked familiar, a worth while read :p

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...orse-aorus-rant.18936842/page-3#post-35083223

Associate
Pretty much.

"friends.... friends.... friends...."

"i like what i like"

"i have to be honest with you as i also have to be honest with myself"

"dont believe other people, believe me"

etc.

:cry:

Sounds like the guy is trying to convince himself more than his audience tbh :p

As for lugerfied, I thought the name looked familiar, a worth while read :p

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...orse-aorus-rant.18936842/page-3#post-35083223
Sweet Christmas reading that thread made my brain bleed

Associate
He trolled the neo g9 thread as well. But on a serious note I am considering returning mine and going back to the neo g9. I’m gonna give it another week. I don’t know why but I just feel the colours and image is sharper on the neo g9

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He trolled the neo g9 thread as well. But on a serious note I am considering returning mine and going back to the neo g9. I’m gonna give it another week. I don’t know why but I just feel the colours and image is sharper on the neo g9
It’s messages like this that slightly concern me. This monitor is meant to be in another league according to most, yet you got people sayimg meh, I will go back to the neo g9, which I personally would never bother upgrading to from what I got.

For me personally it will either be this AW QD-OLED monitor or an LG OLED.

Soldato
OP
Best to wait for HDTV test and tftcentral when it comes to what is more correct in terms of colour accuracy talk. I would probably say that my lg has more vividness to the image but the AW seems more natural/accurate but as said, all pointless going by eye :) AW easily wins for the zero banding and better handling of dark scenes + uniformity though.

Here is his video

he calls it the best pc monitor but it is not flawless and some of these flaws may be a problem for some users

Vincent confirms that

* Yes day time viewing is not the best, contrast takes a hit and blacks appear grey. To get the best from this monitor use in the dark

* Yes this monitor does suffer from Near black flicker when VRR/Gsync is enabled, this issue is worse the higher refresh rate goes as the gamma delta gets bigger as the screen refresh rate increases - Can't wait to see all the people who said "Gsync ultimate will prevent flicker" what they say now

* Input latency measured higher than an LG OLED TV

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's not the OLED panel itself it's the AR coating film on the front. This applies to TVs too, my LG 65" has a very similar AR coating that's red in hue and gives a similar effect. There's no avoiding this if you want excellent glare reduction. It's either that when you have strong lighting aimed towards the screen, or have loads of glare off a glossy panel. Not a fault of OLED itself.

He measured input latency at 1080P @120FPS over HDMI. It will be lower at 144/175Hz, at native res and using DP.

Yup, people will gloss past this and only see what they want to see and hook onto that and make it a thing sadly :p

This has slightly ruined cinema going for me from a visual point of view. I watched Batman last night, for example, it was at Odeon Luxe West End in Leicester Square, we had the reclining seats and everything and the overall cinematic experience in this theatre was unmatched by anything I have ever experienced, the rumble effects through the seats, the kickdown on every punch Bruce lands, the thundering bass blasting through your chest as his Batmobile revs.... All sublime.
BUT, the cinema screen itself, the black are a shade of dark grey like on an LCD monitor, it's a projector screen of course so this is to be expected, but now having had this PC 21:9 OLED monitor for a few days, every 21:9 cinematic content I watch feels like it has to be on OLED because the blacks need to be pitch black.

Man of Honour
@TNA

I had nearly every monitor since 2015. I know very well what im talking about. The QD Oled would be very good if it had the strengths (beside of ppi) of the JOLED panel used for the 32EP950.

This would be a real game changer.

I used a 34GP950G before its worlds sharper than this AW3423DW. Also the fan is nearly inaudible compared with the very loud fans of the AW3423DW.

@Nexus18

You can disagree with all my points. I have tested the AW3423DW. I know the reality. No need for defending my purchase. It's total crap. Nearly the worst monitor i have seen for years.

The PG32UQX fans are only a little bit louder which is insane.

“Total crap, nearly the worst monitor I have seen for years”

Oh dear lugerfield back with his nonsense trolling and lying. Clearly hasn’t used this monitor like all the others he says he has over the last 7 years and has just compiled a list of random reported “problems” he’s read online and pretended he’s faced all of them. Don’t believe a word this troll says

Associate
Here is his video

Lol. Nothing about the huge failures. Best Gaming Monitor with these negative aspects. This reviewer is also a joke. But who expected something else? I remember no reviewer who is mentioning every negative aspect about monitors. Only some user comments or many user comments with little information pieces all together are drawing the real picture about monitors.

@srekal34

Saying other users who are describing all relevant aspects of this monitor are trolls, because these opionions are interfering your self invented buying reasons, is very poor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom