World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
It resets the warranty every time? I might have to really look for some screen burn before my warranty runs out.

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

Ya boi mrk in 50 years time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Today has highlighted how spoiled we are with QD-OLED monitors. I got the 34" VA 180Hz from Xiaomi in and side by side it's a bit whack :o

How did we ever put up with LCD :D

x1mPZbK.jpeg

That backlight bleed!

Colours are fine once visually matched to the QD though using the OSD:

KlvrKpz.jpeg

Given it's a $246 monitor with FreeSync Premium, can't really moan about that I guess.

Associate
Today has highlighted how spoiled we are with QD-OLED monitors. I got the 34" VA 180Hz from Xiaomi in and side by side it's a bit whack :o

How did we ever put up with LCD :D

x1mPZbK.jpeg

That backlight bleed!

Colours are fine once visually matched to the QD though using the OSD:

KlvrKpz.jpeg

Given it's a $246 monitor with FreeSync Premium, can't really moan about that I guess.

For the price, that isn't actually too bad looking at those differences against the DW.

Associate
never had a VA, reminds me of TN. My IPS screens have never distorted like that, and I still use one as second monitor that I move around on its arm a lot. I do get the backlight bleeding of course

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's there to a level with IPS too but a different style, and only with the luminance (IPS glow) rather than VA tinge that covers the entire screen

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Guys I think I am gonna buy this:

I was umming and ahhing until I read the bottom bit, has a built in hardware LUT for calibration via the LG Calibration Studio and I can use my i1Display Pro via that like I was with the old 34UM95-P :eek:

4K OLED 240Hz!

Now just need to sell my AW first and also another piece of tech to pay for this haha.

Edit*
HWUB tested the hardware calibration and he has the i1 Display Pro too, said he wasn't able to get as good calibration results :/

Also no specific mention of burn in warranty for this model either.

Ah well waiting for 240Hz Alienware 21:9 it is then lol.

Last edited:
Associate
I have ordered one of the new 4K 32'' monitors (ASUS PG32UCDM) but I am a bit worried about the glossy QD OLED panel. My PC is in my living room which has lots of natural light during the day, although I only game in the evening.

Since there are so many of you with these AW's at your desks right now, how much of a problem is a bright environment? Would you prefer a matte coating?

Back
Top Bottom