World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
I have an epic mount, made over 2k gold buying AH items posted for less than vendor price and.... vendoring them.

Ok let's clear this up, i don't think he was referring to "everybody" who had an epic mount was cheating. It just seemed a lot more than expected, just an observation.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Lets all cheat then, Im gonna cheat and exploit anything i can because why not? What will they do lock me out for 30 days so i play another game for 30 days its np 4 missed MC runs big woop. But this is totally worth the risk if you get away with it you are set for the entire game with loads of gold 100k a 10 man group farmed 100k!

Saying things like "item stripping is enough" or "other people exploiting does not affect me" really is like 10 point IQ reasoning, So much so i findit frightful the sheer stupidity of people on this forum. Perhaps we should take this approach to real life theft as well no its called DETERRANT and some of us simply want these people removed from the playerbase for the same reasons you lock up thiefs.
As has already been mentioned, the 30 day suspension and item removal is a measure taken whilst it's being investigated. Until these investigations are completed and the findings made public, the punishment could be anything. For the serious offenders I wouldn't be surprised to see long term bans or character deletions.

Your analogy to real life is an interesting one, seeing as the deterrent to crime is a prison sentence - one could almost liken that to a suspension of game access... :rolleyes:

If you're honestly this upset by it, I'd suggest either rolling onto a new server, stop overplaying how prolific this actually is, stop playing the game entirely or perhaps seek counseling.

Associate
As has already been mentioned, the 30 day suspension and item removal is a measure taken whilst it's being investigated. Until these investigations are completed and the findings made public, the punishment could be anything. For the serious offenders I wouldn't be surprised to see long term bans or character deletions.

Your analogy to real life is an interesting one, seeing as the deterrent to crime is a prison sentence - one could almost liken that to a suspension of game access... :rolleyes:

If you're honestly this upset by it, I'd suggest either rolling onto a new server, stop overplaying how prolific this actually is, stop playing the game entirely or perhaps seek counseling.

What's with all the strawman replies, please read what he was replying to.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
What's with all the strawman replies, please read what he was replying to.
Without wanting to come across rude, that's not a strawman reply. I did read what was there, twice. My point stands, if Rofflay has that much of an issue with other people not being as outraged as he or she is, then his view needs some self-reflection.

Permabanned
could use some advice.
i start off wanting to be prot pally, but i respecced 1g and again 5g around level 15 and have been ret since, i'm level 39 now.
I've realised that people say both prot and ret are bad, and holy is the way to go.
but none of my gear is right for holy, i don't want to pay 10g to respec again, and holy dps would be low for levelling.
so what's the right way to deal with this? just do what u want? do ret for levelling then switch to holy? try to hybrid? or something else?

Permabanned
could use some advice.
i start off wanting to be prot pally, but i respecced 1g and again 5g around level 15 and have been ret since, i'm level 39 now.
I've realised that people say both prot and ret are bad, and holy is the way to go.
but none of my gear is right for holy, i don't want to pay 10g to respec again, and holy dps would be low for levelling.
so what's the right way to deal with this? just do what u want? do ret for levelling then switch to holy? try to hybrid? or something else?

Level as ret and switch later. Ret is not "bad" as such, just a lower DPs output than some other classes.

Associate
Without wanting to come across rude, that's not a strawman reply. I did read what was there, twice. My point stands, if Rofflay has that much of an issue with other people not being as outraged as he or she is, then his view needs some self-reflection.

Your absolutely right, i think Rofflay should seek counseling for wanting people punished for exploiting. Amazing how this can even be debated (or whatever this is), it should be a pretty straight forward decision by blizzard.

Permabanned
Your absolutely right, i think Rofflay should seek counseling for wanting people punished for exploiting. Amazing how this can even be debated (or whatever this is), it should be a pretty straight forward decision by blizzard.

It is not just punishment though, You need a deterrant. The only thing that makes me personally fearful is the risk my account is removed. This should happen this is why it happened in the beginning because they know the current climate of play nice be good all frens now means a cheater knows a suspension is probably the only penalty. How is that really a penalty though it is a watered down ban.

Until you hear about bans, You need to disprove the allegations i am making against guilds and organized world first types who would have been abusing this. Layering was also abused for how long does anyone know? Because the amount of Black lotus was 15 a day for a solo person on his second day of layering exploiting. So you apply this now to Devilsaur how you can abuse this to get all the Rogues in Devilsaur and thus really go for day 6 Ragnaros because you have all the base mats for pots as well. Once this is done well it is gg it is basically farm status now until phase 2 so theres phase 1 ruined and unless they can trace all the exploits the gold sort of makes a bit of trivia of phase 2 as well because people could duplocate spawns on rares and rare herbs over and over.

Soldato
Doesn't neccessarily mean they've cheated/exploited their way to getting an epic mount. I've seen loads of people in IF (Noggenfogger) with their epic mounts. Edgemaster's Handguards (random world drop) are going for 800-1000g as they're pretty much BiS until Naxx. Devilsaur leggings/gloves go for 200g/~80g respectively. If you were killing those (Devilsaurs) whilst levelling in Un'goro then you're pretty much good on gold.

People buying and flipping items on the AH for easy gold etc. You can't just assume people are cheating/exploiting because they have an epic mount, lmao.

Of course some of them earned their mounts legit. My point was that due to the exploit many more players were able to get these items, I didn't think the obvious needed stating.

Permabanned
So much salt in this thread looooool, enjoy the game lads.

Also never take what is said here to heart, It is just venting steam at a bunch of so and so types who could not get things right a second time over. It sounds salty but thiers no tears as such just opinions aired. So if i say anything just fire one back. :)

Back
Top Bottom