***World of Warcraft : Legion***

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Not at the moment. I only created it the other day, hopefully people will see it and start joining. Considering just opening a new thread and putting that information in the first post, at least it will be seen then.

You know there's already an OcUK Discord server right? Has about 900 members from what I remember.

Associate
Hey guys, newbie here in the forum (very active reading tho). I am a WOTLK player. Stopped years ago, but I am thinking of returning to the game. I am thinking of new PC (or second hand) with a budget of 400-500£ + 120-150 max for a new Monitor. Can you give an advice on what to look for for a decent playing experience with 50 FPS....I guess. Currently I have 2016 MacBook Pro which is useless for WOW. Any help on best pc component retailers , second hand sellers etc, specs etc will be much appreciated. I am feeling comfortable to assemble the rig myself so make more sense to buy parts separately, just not too sure what goes well with WOW.

Soldato
I'm seriously considering creating a new account and playing WoW again. I sold my account after Zul'Gurub in patch 1.7, so around late 2005/early 2006. I absolutely loved the game and sunk thousands of hours into it, but had to sell my account as it was literally consuming my entire life. 11 years of content to catch up on, is it worth it?! I've heard mixed things but I guess it can't hurt to check it out again.

Anyone still active?

Soldato
I'm seriously considering creating a new account and playing WoW again. I sold my account after Zul'Gurub in patch 1.7, so around late 2005/early 2006. I absolutely loved the game and sunk thousands of hours into it, but had to sell my account as it was literally consuming my entire life. 11 years of content to catch up on, is it worth it?! I've heard mixed things but I guess it can't hurt to check it out again.

Anyone still active?

I quit at the end of vanilla then came back to TBC and quit it for good then. Same as you I did it because it was consuming all of my life, in retrospect I consider the time playing the game without a doubt the best time in my life (things did not turn out all to well for me), so I tried to get back in with Legion expansion. It was somewhat fun but nothing compared to the experience I had 10 years ago and ultimately playing felt more like a chore. So give it a go, visiting old places will tickle the nostalgia bone and if you don't like it you can always just stop playing.

I give you one tip that I did not know when I came back though, the balance on the servers is gone, most servers have 95% of 1 faction and 5% of the other faction and I was unlucky enough to choose a server where alliance was 1% (I was human), so outside of instance questing was quite infuriating. Make sure to choose server with around 50:50 balance, they are only like 2-3 of them left.

Soldato
They have simplified it a lot since you left Robi

All the content is there and you can still do it all, but the talent tree's are now very basic compared to what it use to be, finding groups is easier with LFG/LFR. Legion the last expansion is when I stopped playing as I ran out of things to do other than raiding.

With the LFG/LFR system now you can get away without being in a guild, also it is a lot more casual now so you can do a hour here and hour there, leveling is quicker now well it feels that way to me.

After seeing the cinematic for the new expansion I am like hmm should I play again but I know I would get bored of it.

Soldato
They have simplified it a lot since you left Robi

All the content is there and you can still do it all, but the talent tree's are now very basic compared to what it use to be, finding groups is easier with LFG/LFR. Legion the last expansion is when I stopped playing as I ran out of things to do other than raiding.

With the LFG/LFR system now you can get away without being in a guild, also it is a lot more casual now so you can do a hour here and hour there, leveling is quicker now well it feels that way to me.

After seeing the cinematic for the new expansion I am like hmm should I play again but I know I would get bored of it.

Thanks!

I re-subbed over the weekend and sunk nearly 16 hours into it already. It's faceroll easy but a lot of fun at the same time, especially since I'm playing with a couple of IRL friends who I originally played through vanilla with.

I hit 36 with a BE hunter last night and while I'm really enjoying PvE with it, MM hunters seem to have awful survivability in PvP, especially when attacked first. I literally have no way of breaking out of a druid or rogue stunlock. I'm going to carry on but I'll probably boost a rogue up to 100 when I get to the Legion content :)

Are you still playing?

Soldato
Yeah I am now lol I resubbed at the weekend, currently playing my Draenai Shaman on Silvermoon as never finished off the legion content even on my main but ran some LFR and dungeons and seemed very quick I know I can pop over to Argus but want to close off the quest lines around Legion first starting areas

I think I have a hunter but not sure

Kimbie

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thanks!

I re-subbed over the weekend and sunk nearly 16 hours into it already. It's faceroll easy but a lot of fun at the same time, especially since I'm playing with a couple of IRL friends who I originally played through vanilla with.

I hit 36 with a BE hunter last night and while I'm really enjoying PvE with it, MM hunters seem to have awful survivability in PvP, especially when attacked first. I literally have no way of breaking out of a druid or rogue stunlock. I'm going to carry on but I'll probably boost a rogue up to 100 when I get to the Legion content :)

Are you still playing?

BM is mostly the go-to spec for PvP. Saying that, I did a fair bit of arena's on my Hunter as MM and did alright, depends what your match-up is.

Associate
I came back about a week ago (Horde on Twilight's Hammer), as a casual I still haven't found a guild... :(

I'm active enough and always doing some random solo farm thing but I've had one guild invite all week to a guild with five active members.

The lack of community may drive me back out of the game as that is what I miss I think.

Soldato
I'm back and overwhelmed! :D

Quick question: this new wardrobe thing for transmogging - does this mean I can safely sell all the armour I have stored in my banks?

Qel

Qel

Associate
I'm back and overwhelmed! :D

Quick question: this new wardrobe thing for transmogging - does this mean I can safely sell all the armour I have stored in my banks?

Yes if it's in the collection you can sell if you want. If your character can equip the item and it is bound to them then it should be added to the collection, so for example if you loot a Bow as a Mage it won't be added even if it's soulbound. Items not in the collection can be previewed in the dressing room but the pictures will have a grey tint to them to indicate you don't have it.

Associate
Yes if it's in the collection you can sell if you want. If your character can equip the item and it is bound to them then it should be added to the collection, so for example if you loot a Bow as a Mage it won't be added even if it's soulbound. Items not in the collection can be previewed in the dressing room but the pictures will have a grey tint to them to indicate you don't have it.

Can you Transmog the Winter outfits yet? I want to do my WQ's as Santa!

Soldato
I resubbed a couple of weeks ago, dinged 110 now on my DK and my gear score was pitiful, like 735 or something, anyhow done a few normal world quests and managed to get it high enough to join LFR (820 i think) after a night of LFR and some other WQ's im at 850, still miles behind the main curve of the game but definitely an improvement.

Ive started doing the Argus quest lines, just landed on Macree and about to get stuck in to that, i still have all my order hall and artifact stuff to do, i want to unlock flying so i think i pretty much have to play the game as intended.

Im enjoying the sheer amount of content that is available to do, ive not even touched heroic dungeons let alone mythic stuff yet, normal raiding etc, there seems almost too much content to tackle lol.

Im playing Horde on Eonar, joined a guild with some RL mates, they are raiding normal i think, maybe early heroic Argus stuff, not 100% sure as ive not attended any raids yet, but i know they are keen to get stuck in, so if anyones interested in a horde guild with some laid back casuals, look me up ingame. Xylonite #2178

Back
Top Bottom