***World of Warcraft : Legion***

Associate
Same here really. It seems like everyone is chilling out until BfA is released. My guild is still progressing 2 nights a week, and we're on 8/11. We've had a couple of close pulls on Coven. Other than those 2 nights raiding I just login to do my +15 and I'm done. I've no interest in farming mounts or achievements.

Soldato
Same here really. It seems like everyone is chilling out until BfA is released. My guild is still progressing 2 nights a week, and we're on 8/11. We've had a couple of close pulls on Coven. Other than those 2 nights raiding I just login to do my +15 and I'm done. I've no interest in farming mounts or achievements.

Yea, the only other thing that's gripped me at the moment is leveling my blood DK, which is 90 right now. But it's certainly slowed down and I can't be bothered as the dungeon queues are instant for a tank on my server so I do maybe 5 dungeons then get tired again as it's rinse repeat at that stage with utter idiots and wanna be heroes pulling everything because they think their twinked alts can handle aggro... Urgh.

I've got a 110 holy priest, prot warrior, resto druid and another I forget I could push their ilvls higher on, but I don't play on any of them anymore, not even for keys. They are all 940+ but at this point, that's a very low ilvl.

Associate
If you are bored then there is still a challenge to be found in pushing mythic plus for raider.io score. I hope there is some actual tangible in game reward or recognition for this in BFA. Feels wrong that one of the main endgame features relies entirely on a 3rd party website to track your accomplishments.

Soldato
If you are bored then there is still a challenge to be found in pushing mythic plus for raider.io score. I hope there is some actual tangible in game reward or recognition for this in BFA. Feels wrong that one of the main endgame features relies entirely on a 3rd party website to track your accomplishments.

I despise M+, I only do it when me and my mates can fill the group. And even then, I'm not a fan, the reward isn't worth it at all. The only gear I get which is of any use to me is from mythic raiding. And even that's stopped as we're on a perm lockout now until we get cutting edge.

Associate
They gonna do something similar before the last patch with the invasion at crossroads when you could level 1-100 in a few hours!

Would bring me back to level all the alts to 110 before the next patch, cba doing it normally...

Soldato
I realise the chances are low, but if anyone has a beta code for BFA they don't want I would be very interested in it :)

I played the game from vanilla but because of the class changes I didn't play legion however looking at it the content seems OK. Therefore I would like to play the beta of BFA and hopefully get a feel for it and try a few different classes.

Cheers!

Soldato
I realise the chances are low, but if anyone has a beta code for BFA they don't want I would be very interested in it :)

I played the game from vanilla but because of the class changes I didn't play legion however looking at it the content seems OK. Therefore I would like to play the beta of BFA and hopefully get a feel for it and try a few different classes.

Cheers!

I don't think they dish out codes, it's more that it just pops up on your account.

It's only a couple of months now, not long!

Soldato
I don't think they dish out codes, it's more that it just pops up on your account.

It's only a couple of months now, not long!

Yeah, I always used to get into the beta but my account hasn't been active for ages.

They do give out codes though, IGN used to give them out and various other places.

Soldato
Really scummy day today, just returned for a bit of wow before next expansion, haven't bought it yet and won't depending on outcome of this issue, anyway, was selling things on AH, they were being bought within a second of posting I presumed by a bot, I was thousands and thousands of gold richer in seconds, but I don't wanna play in a dishonest way.

Raised a ticket to ask what was going on, GM response was - yes by a bot. So I ask for things to be put back, give me my items back and take all this gold off of me, I'd rather sell to an actual player or just confirm you have at least destroyed the items. GM's next reply is we cannot tell you anything about what is happening or your items due to data protection. I message back saying you have told me a bot bought my items, please sort this situation out, I give you all the money plus 5 gold extra and destroy the items myself rather than let this person bot, be banned for a week and come back to be able to use them. GM says we cannot give you your items back.

Great but that isn't all I asked for., I am happy for them to be destroyed. I am now awaiting a reply asking them to destroy the items and remove the tainted money off of me. I'm really annoyed I've been interacting with a cheater and the GM's are really apathetic about it.

Soldato
I've asked them to remove the gold, they say they cannot. I'm annoyed I'd have to either use it or destroy it myself, why should I, this should just be an easy fix for a GM, in others games the GM's i've dealt with have always been great and sorted things logically. I've asked them to perm ban me now, just for a laff really I'm just playing with them now, sub cancelled and next expansion can get stuffed ;p

Soldato
I've never played WoW before and was thinking of giving it a go. I've played loads of MMORPGs before (Guild Wars/Elder Scrolls to name a few) so I understand the concept.

Even though the game is old, is it still worth playing/starting in 2018? Are there still plenty of players around to ensure it doesn't feel 'dead'?

Any recommendations for which server (EU) to select?

Any recommendations for what type of class to start as?

Finally, I can play 1-2 hours per evening and more on a weekend when i'm not busy, is this enough to still enjoy WoW?

Ske

Ske

Associate
Any recommendations for what server/realm to use?

Horde or Alliance? Horde I'd say Tarren Mill/Dentarg or Twisting Nether. Alliance I'd say Frostmane or Ravencrest.. I've got characters on all 4 realms so maybe I'm biased! All are medium/high population so during peak times like expansion launch, there'll undoubtedly be queues.

Soldato
I started a Dwarf Hunter on Magtheridon last night. It seems really quiet but I guess thats because i'm still in the starter zone? It's classed as a 'high' pop.

Soldato
I started a Dwarf Hunter on Magtheridon last night. It seems really quiet but I guess thats because i'm still in the starter zone? It's classed as a 'high' pop.

I picked it up again last week after not playing since clearing the first legion raid.

As for interaction you won’t come across a lot of people tbh as it’s such as massive world and so many places to level especially now they scale but whenever you see someone else levelling invite em to your group quiet often they will be on the same quest line as you so can get things done quicker. May even make some friends in the process.

Qel

Qel

Associate

I play Alliance on Magtheridon, it's generally a nice server, fairly balanced Alliance/Horde population - not the biggest server population by any means, but I feel it has enough. We're kind of in the lull before the new expansion comes out so player numbers will pick up again over the next couple of months as the pre-patch and the expansion proper come out. What's your character name?

As for classes, I guess try reading the descriptions, look at some videos on youtube and see if any match the style of play you enjoy in the other MMOs you've played. The time you have available shouldn't be a problem as long as you're setting goals that are realistic and join a guild whose activities align with yours in terms of your goals and the times you'll be online. One of the great things about WoW imo is the amount of things to do so you have plenty of things you could work towards over time and plenty of things you can just log in and do in a short burst - preferably with friends.

Back
Top Bottom