World Snooker Championship 2018

Soldato
I get feeling that Kyren isn't going to take enough of the chances when they come his way. John didn't play great in that session and is 9-7 up.

If it does get to the nitty gritty of the match, John will keep it together much better than Kyren will.

Soldato
I get feeling that Kyren isn't going to take enough of the chances when they come his way. John didn't play great in that session and is 9-7 up.

If it does get to the nitty gritty of the match, John will keep it together much better than Kyren will.

Oh, BBC2 must be showing the replay, I'm still at 8-6. I thought it was still live. That frame 14 was good. Neck and neck score, was looking like Wilson was about to even it out at 7-7. Each of them missing a vital pot and then came right down to just the black ball left on the table and safety shots to decide who would win the frame. Unfortunately it wasn't Wilson.

Soldato
Ugh, 'the hawk'. Stupid nickname.

On the subject of terrible things in snooker; the theme BBC have been using for the last however many years, is terrible. When they first changed it, I thought WTF have they done!

I miss the old classic theme. :(

Caporegime
Its great to see bbc taking a cue from sky's football coverage and using slow mo camera footage for utterly useless things, Kyren Wilson tapping his cue on the table for example, got about 3 replays of that earlier....:rolleyes:

Soldato
9-7 now to Hawkins.

I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't show much interest in snooker. This is almost another UK championship. Out of thirty two starting players, 25 of them are from the UK & N.I, the remaining seven are 3 from China, 1 from Thailand, 1 from Belgium and 1 from Oz. Hardly any europeans and no canadians (remember Cliff Thorburn). I don't expect the USA because they have their beloved Pool but it would be interesting to see americans in the mix.

16 England
4 Wales
4 Scotland
1 Northern Ireland
3 China
1 Hong kong
1 Thailand
1 Australia
1 Belgium

Associate
Can't believe that match fixer is in the final again.

"You don't even have to make a mistake". If he was fearing for his life I doubt he would be so willing to defend the potential success of it all.

What did he do at 4:38.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can't believe Bazza lost that after leading pretty much the whole match. Still, well done to Williams.... but I don't really fancy his chances against Higgins. Obviously I don't want Higgins to win but I think it's kind of inevitable. :o

Soldato
Can't believe Bazza lost that after leading pretty much the whole match. Still, well done to Williams.... but I don't really fancy his chances against Higgins. Obviously I don't want Higgins to win but I think it's kind of inevitable. :o

I wouldn't bet on it tbh. We both thought Hawkins had it in the bag but he lost. Williams could well surprise us and beat Higgins. By the way, I don't believe Higgins is the bad match fixing person we've been led to believe.
He was set up and he only went along with it because he feared he was up against russian mafia. Let's face it, why would a 4 time champion already a multi millionaire need to potentially ruin his reputation and career for £300K. It's not like he needed the money.

Back
Top Bottom