World Snooker Championship 2019

Caporegime
That's just the sign of the times and how much better players are these days.

Don't think Alex Higgins got more than 100 centuries and everyone knows how highly regarded he was.

What's wrong with the pockets this year? Rob mentioned it above but this is the first session I've watched.

Caporegime
OP
That's just the sign of the times and how much better players are these days.

Don't think Alex Higgins got more than 100 centuries and everyone knows how highly regarded he was.

What's wrong with the pockets this year? Rob mentioned it above but this is the first session I've watched.
They’re total buckets. Pots going in which never should. Yet they’ll go on about record number of centuries showing the quality of player when in fact, it’s the pockets that are causing it. Taking a large element of skill out of the game.

Caporegime
YES! YES! YES!

Well done to James. Absolutely brilliant. Everything so far has not gone according to my plan - Luo Honghao out with a whitewash, Zhao Xintong out, Luca Brecel out. But this makes up for all that. Looking forward to seeing Judd next.

Associate
Well that’s the tournament ruined lol

Because the utter **** has been papped out?

They’re total buckets. Pots going in which never should. Yet they’ll go on about record number of centuries showing the quality of player when in fact, it’s the pockets that are causing it. Taking a large element of skill out of the game.

Love to see you make more than 8 on the tables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I would actually, I’m a good snooker and pool player. Been playing for 30 years.

I've played chess since I was 4, doub't I'd last more than 8 or 9 moves against Magnus Carlsen. Calling them buckets is just silly, you are watching them on TV ffs!

Look at Dott right now, can't hit a bag and he would wipe the floor with 99% of people.

Caporegime
OP
I've played chess since I was 4, doub't I'd last more than 8 or 9 moves against Magnus Carlsen. Calling them buckets is just silly, you are watching them on TV ffs!

Look at Dott right now, can't hit a bag and he would wipe the floor with 99% of people.
The fact is pots are dropping which just shouldn’t be dropping on a world championship table. The pockets are much more receptive than they should be.

Caporegime
I've already seen a few wobbles in a few hours so that would tell me something's different this year but surely bigger pockets would see them drop without touching the sides? Having said that, I've seen a lot bounce around the jaws and not go in that I would expect to drop so if anything the pockets seem smaller. Could be something slightly different with the cloth?

Soldato
I was expecting to see more posts from people saying that they aren't interested in watching the snooker now that Ronnie is out. Either snooker is that bad that one player is the difference between watching it or not; or those people aren't really fans of the game..

If you want a quick chuckle, look at how many centuries Virgo got during his entire career. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Virgo

(in the sidebar below his photo)

Ray Reardon only got 53 century breaks and he was 6 times world champion.

Caporegime
OP
I was expecting to see more posts from people saying that they aren't interested in watching the snooker now that Ronnie is out. Either snooker is that bad that one player is the difference between watching it or not; or those people aren't really fans of the game..

Ray Reardon only got 53 century breaks and he was 6 times world champion.
No, I’m only jesting tbh, I’ll still watch as much as I possibly can.

Trumps in trouble now. I’m telling you, this is Robbo’s year. Bingham worth an E/W flutter at 10/1.

Soldato
Teh best time of the year.

Cahill bested Ronnie, Un-nooh 6-3 up against Judd, Bingham knocked Dotty for 8-1 in first session, Dotty just hit him with the same, decider!

This is Robertsons though. The man whos stole 2 tournaments off him this season is out.,and he didn't even play bad in those finals he just came up against an inform legend of the sport.

Soldato
Well said Neal Foulds about the size of the pockets. As you know the Neal it's the ones that think they know that clearly don't know. The pockets are templated. If the cloth is new the knuckles play "soft" that is the way they should play. The the cloth wears after a few days watch the balls that don't drop in that you think are in rather than other way round. Pockets way too tight for average club players. The smaller the opening the more likely it is to hit the knuckle on the way in. Brand new cloths and balls make all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom