World Snooker Championship 2019

Caporegime
OP
Nah, he's got the most centuries in the final and has performed at a higher level (in this match) than anyone ever has imo.
It’s a great performance no doubt about it, but you can’t start putting him against the likes of Hendry or Ronnie until he’s won a lot more than he has.

He’s come good at the right time, but tbh, he could have easily gone out first round to Uh-Nooh. One bad shot from the fella was the difference.

Caporegime
It’s a great performance no doubt about it, but you can’t start putting him against the likes of Hendry or Ronnie until he’s won a lot more than he has.

He’s come good at the right time, but tbh, he could have easily gone out first round to Uh-Nooh. One bad shot from the fella was the difference.
I'm only talking about his performance in the final.

Ronnie's obviously been way more consistent over the years and Hendry's break building in the UK Championship is yet to be matched or beaten but in the World Championship final I don't think anyone's ever played as well.

Soldato
Forgot the final session started early, went to BBC website at ~2002 and Judd had already wrapped things up... Such a better all-round game than I've ever seen him play before!

Associate
Forgot the final session started early, went to BBC website at ~2002 and Judd had already wrapped things up... Such a better all-round game than I've ever seen him play before!

Yea, I honestly thought he would never develop an all round game and be all in before the flop every hand forever. Epic performance

Soldato
Nah, he's got the most centuries in the final and has performed at a higher level (in this match) than anyone ever has imo.
I agree. Higgins hasn't even played especially badly in the final, just Trump has been sensational. I can't say I've seen a top level final performance like that. His confidence was just oozing out - it almost looked like an exhibition.

I wouldn't care, but neither looked especially great in their preceding matches, but both got to the final and started the match billiantly - Trump just managed to stay there and even exceed that standard (I say that like it's easy).

Good final. Great performance (by any measure).

Soldato
Congrats to Trump! I was premature when at 4-4 I said this is great, it's not a runaway final. And then Judd started to runaway and left Higgins miles behind.
Exceptional talent. I do wonder if he's been taking personality lessons from Andy Murray though. :p

Back
Top Bottom