Worth buying an AW3423DWF or waiting for new monitors?

Soldato
I already have a 34" screen, which I like, but would ideally like a touch more vertical resolution, so I've ben assuming that my next upgrade would be to a 38" ultrawide. But then these OLEDs came out, which are really tempting. A 38" OLED would be ideal, but not sure how long it'll take for them to be released.

I feel the same way and would prefer a 38/40” ultrawide with a horizontal resolution of at least 3840. A bit more vertical resolution would be welcome as well.

There’s an awful lot of windows apps/websites that don’t scale well side-by-side at 50% horizontally (1720x1440) of the 3440x1440 my current 34” ultrawide.

If I could ensure side by side meant each app had 1920 pixels horizontally that would work better.

Last edited:
Associate
I tried my Blue Light code earlier but it didn't work.
I used the Health service Discount website code and got it for £665. If the revisions are going to be £1200+ then the current model is a mega at that price IMO. A lot of the initial issues with the DWF have also been corrected by firmware updates too from what i've read. As for burn in, Dell offer a 3 year warranty against this and who knows how things will have moved on by then, meaning you might want to replace at that point anyway. Case in point, I paid £549 for my Dell S2716DG in 2017 which this will be replacing....

Soldato
I used the Health service Discount website code and got it for £665. If the revisions are going to be £1200+ then the current model is a mega at that price IMO. A lot of the initial issues with the DWF have also been corrected by firmware updates too from what i've read. As for burn in, Dell offer a 3 year warranty against this and who knows how things will have moved on by then, meaning you might want to replace at that point anyway. Case in point, I paid £549 for my Dell S2716DG in 2017 which this will be replacing....
It's a great deal. I can't access the health service codes for some reason but even at 739 it's great. I wasn't aware of the 3 year burn in either so that's some comfort.

Soldato
Update:mine now says delivery Monday
Mine has also shipped for delivery Monday.

I will be at work so might have to rearrange delivery for Friday when working at home. Probably wont get chance to have a proper play until then anyway but would rather have it in hand than being thrown around a depot. :p

Last edited:
Associate
£665 is a bloody amazing price. Does anyone have a spare code I could use please

Sign up here as you don't need to provide evidence. My moral compass remains functional as my wife is a Doctor. I only didn't sign up in her name as I didn't want her to know I was spending £665 on a monitor.....

Associate

Sign up here as you don't need to provide evidence. My moral compass remains functional as my wife is a Doctor. I only didn't sign up in her name as I didn't want her to know I was spending £665 on a monitor.....
Thanks for the link. I signed up but still can't seem to find the correct code that will work. I must be stupid lol

Associate
£665 is a bloody amazing price. Does anyone have a spare code I could use please
Yes i have one from Dell Advantage, I used my Wife's one for my monitor as didn't have access to my work email at the time. Is there a PM function on the forum, or i can just post it if your ready to buy.

Back
Top Bottom