Worth buying an AW3423DWF or waiting for new monitors?

Delivered.

I'll come here with some feedback when I get home and plug it in :)
So...

Wow. Just wow.

I was likely always going to be impressed coming from a S2716DG.

They come really well packaged and are easy to assemble (apart from the cable cover which is a bit fiddly). They also come with a factory calibration certificate too which is nice. Mine was built August 2023 and has the latest firmware (the one that fixes previous HDR issues). Action of the movement (tilt and lift) feels solid (as did my previous Dell). Some reviews mention some text distortion - it seems clear as a bell to me?

Played a couple of matches of Warzone and the panel feels fast. Immersive doesn't cover it. Also did a quick spin around Monaco on F1 2022. It's mega.

I think getting used to an UW is going to be tough for general browsing, but ultimately, this machine is just used for gaming 99% of the time. I'm going to upgrade to a 4080 or a 4090 next to make the most of it.

A great buy, even if you didn't get any additional discount from the current sale price.

ENJOY!!

Last edited:
Received mine today.

Haven't a clue about HDR coming from an Acer Predator 34 so spent most of the evening reading up and watching YouTube vids.
A guide said to install the Dell display manager application before doing anything. I did but that seem to prevent HDR working.
Another issue was using Alan Wake 2 to test,I think it may have been a bad choice as it looks washed out and worse than without HDR to me.

Anyway after removing the DDM app and trying Horizon zero dawn i Finally have witnessed HDR in full effect and it looks amazing. Especially the fires in HDR1000 mode.

Ive also quickly tried Cyberpunk 2077 and I can tell its working on the bright lights but there seems a lack of deep blacks, agains eems a bit grey. I need to play with the in'gane HDR settings.

I am running Windows 10, i read some saying Windows 11 is better for HDR?

Last edited:
Received mine today.

Haven't a clue about HDR so spent most of the evening reading up and watching YouTube vids.
A guide said to install the Dell display manager application before doing anything. I did but that seem to prevent HDR working.
Another issue was using Alan Wake 2 to test,I think it may have been a bad choice as it looks washed out and worse than without HDR to me.

Anyway after removing the DDM app and trying Horizon zero dawn i Finally have witnessed HDR in full effect and it looks amazing. Especially the fires in HDR1000 mode.

Ive also quickly tried Cyberpunk 2077 and I can tell its working on the bright lights but there seems a lack of deep blacks, againseems a bit grey. I need to play with the in'gane HDR settings.

So...

Wow. Just wow.

I was likely always going to be impressed coming from a S2716DG.

They come really well packaged and are easy to assemble (apart from the cable cover which is a bit fiddly). They also come with a factory calibration certificate too which is nice. Mine was built August 2023 and has the latest firmware (the one that fixes previous HDR issues). Action of the movement (tilt and lift) feels solid (as did my previous Dell). Some reviews mention some text distortion - it seems clear as a bell to me?

Played a couple of matches of Warzone and the panel feels fast. Immersive doesn't cover it. Also did a quick spin around Monaco on F1 2022. It's mega.

I think getting used to an UW is going to be tough for general browsing, but ultimately, this machine is just used for gaming 99% of the time. I'm going to upgrade to a 4080 or a 4090 next to make the most of it.

A great buy, even if you didn't get any additional discount from the current sale price.

ENJOY!!
This is great! Mine has been delivered but I am not home for a week, really looking forward to dropping into Warzone. How does it look with it being wider, does it feel more immersive?

This is great! Mine has been delivered but I am not home for a week, really looking forward to dropping into Warzone. How does it look with it being wider, does it feel more immersive?
Coming from 27" 1440p and retaining the same viewing distance it is like you are there. The motion is so smooth and the colours are so vibrant it really draws you in.

I genuinely played better having the extra depth and visual quality.

Be mindful I'm coming from a 2017 ips early-gen gsync panel. If you've already got something newer than me the jump could not be quite as significant for you.

Quick questions... how do you setup the HDR to get the best experience within Windows 11 and the monitor?

I've had the monitor a little over 24 hours and it's something else!

Ordered. My estimated delivery date is the 27th Nov
Apparently it's shipped already!

I was wondering how to solve the lack of speakers problem with this model. I only need something for YouTube and the like as I've got my 42"lg oled next to it which has a soundbar and sub for movies and TV.

Then I had a bit of an epiphany. I can just use my Alexa and connect via Bluetooth. Job done.

I have been faffing about trying to find codes to bring the price below £700 but to no avail. I just happened to mention it to a friend that runs a business installing networks and he has a huge amount of points from Dell that he's not used and doesn't plan to, so I've managed to get it for £350. I'm absolutely over the moon. Now I just have to wait until Tuesday for delivery!

I have been faffing about trying to find codes to bring the price below £700 but to no avail. I just happened to mention it to a friend that runs a business installing networks and he has a huge amount of points from Dell that he's not used and doesn't plan to, so I've managed to get it for £350. I'm absolutely over the moon. Now I just have to wait until Tuesday for delivery!
Very nice!

Nice one man, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: nice one!!!!

Can i be his friend too ? :D

Congrats!

Unfortunately upon closer inspection my screen has a butt ton of hairline micro scratches, some over a few inches wide. Looks like it was caused by the screen protector rubbing the panel during transit etc.

Beautiful display but it appears it's a common issue according to the internet and I'm certainly not prepared to live with it given the price paid nor will I accept a refurbished replacement by Dell, so accepted a collection/refund and the search continues.

Beautiful display but it appears it's a common issue according to the internet and I'm certainly not prepared to live with it given the price paid nor will I accept a refurbished replacement by Dell, so accepted a collection/refund and the search continues.
I wouldn't give up, you could always reorder once you get the refund back. Nothing touches this for the money, *believe me* I've had multitude of monitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom