Would you like a receipt Sir

Soldato
It amazes me why any Epos provider Microsoft included would want to be harvesting email addresses when most people worth their salt are trying avoid harvesting data in that way. I know the company I used to work for are and most of the other companies I know are.

They way the world is going is grabbing it at data level which is intended for the physical receipt and incorporating it into banking. Again Flux and other companies like them might just be 1 year or 2 years before their time:(

I'd personally like nothing more than every purchase I make to have a electronic receipt available without me doing a lot.

Caporegime
its only a matter of time until companies email databases get hacked and your getting spam from every nob head on the internet though? half of these companies don't seem to encrypt even the most obvious things nevermind a list of emails.

sure stored in plain text somewhere

Because they've offered the customer the chance to be green, the customer has chosen to be green, and the company has not honored that choice.

It's equivalent to asking if you want ketchup, you say yes, then they give you no ketchup.

Likely the machine automatically prints them out at some businesses. They are merely offering you the chance to have less rubbish in your pocket.

Soldato
surely thats BS

loads of people don't have an email address or won't want to provide one, you think these shops are really going to lose customers because they demand receipts be email only?
in an age where they are competing with the internet... I'm severely sceptical about this.

What shops apparently don't give paper receipts ? cos I'm calling BS on this one
My local outfit clothing store only seem to give e-receipts, last time I was in Halfords they done the same and said “your receipt will be emailed to you” mothercare and Debenhams do it and I’ve been in a few poncy boutique style clothes shops that have made it appear they only email your receipt to you if you want one.

Soldato
KFC local to me seem to automatically decide for you without even asking you. What's funny about that is that their receipts contain information that gets you a discount on your next order...

Caporegime
My local outfit clothing store only seem to give e-receipts, last time I was in Halfords they done the same and said “your receipt will be emailed to you” mothercare and Debenhams do it and I’ve been in a few poncy boutique style clothes shops that have made it appear they only email your receipt to you if you want one.
I googled and seems you can still get a paper receipt from mothercare, debenhams and halfords if you say you want one and not a stupid email receipt

Debenhams own website says
How do I get an e-Receipt?
As a UK customer you will have the option of receiving your receipt electronically when you shop in one of our stores. If you have chosen to opt-in, the e-Receipt will be sent to the email address that you provide our advisor at the till point.

As well as having the option to ask for an e-Receipt you will still be able to receive a printed paper receipt.
Seems you are just gullible and eat it up that you "must" hand over an email address to get a receipt without even questioning it.

stop being a sheep bro tell them NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS! GIVE ME A PAPER RECEIPT!

I never got asked yet but when I do my response will be "papers please! WTF is this nazi germany?"

Soldato
because it doesn't result in loads of non-biodegradable bags kicking about.
assuming that everyone's gonna carry reusable bags around is unbelievably stupid.

Biodegradable is rarely what it's imagined to be.

On the other hand, single material plastic bags are recyclable.

Man of Honour
I always get a fuel receipt as I claim mileage through work and need to justify it, but will only get a receipt from a small purchase of food/drink if my other half has asked me to get something specifically for her, so she can give me the money for it

Haha you get a receipt to prove to your other half that you paid what you said you paid for a sandwich etc?

Soldato
I googled and seems you can still get a paper receipt from mothercare, debenhams and halfords if you say you want one and not a stupid email receipt

Debenhams own website says

Seems you are just gullible and eat it up that you "must" hand over an email address to get a receipt without even questioning it.

stop being a sheep bro tell them NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS! GIVE ME A PAPER RECEIPT!

I never got asked yet but when I do my response will be "papers please! WTF is this nazi germany?"
Yeh I will make a point of asking for paper next time then. Seems it must just be the staff trying to force the E receipt on customers to gain email addresses etc as they make it sound like if you want a receipt then it’s emailed.

Man of Honour
will only get a receipt from a small purchase of food/drink if my other half has asked me to get something specifically for her, so she can give me the money for it

That relationship is going to last. Here you go love, here's that juice you asked for, that'll be £1.49 please.

Caporegime
Haha you get a receipt to prove to your other half that you paid what you said you paid for a sandwich etc?

Yep

Equality and all that.

If that sounds amusing I pay for ⅔ of the rent of our house and all the: council tax, electricity, gas, water, sewerage rates, broadband, car payments, car insurance and contents insurance

So asking her to pay for her shopping isn't quite as Scrooge like as it might sound.

Back
Top Bottom