• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato
Just read this myself. Unbelievable. Clearly getting Linus and Digital Foundry to take their 40 pieces of silver isn't enough now they're threatening sites that don't do what they say or go along with what they want?

Nvidia you are scum. Absolute scum of the earth.

Last edited:
Associate
It happens on all forms for social media, I mean look how hell bent some are on just the GPU section here for arguing the toss.

The fun part is when people accidentally post on the wrong account :D

A moment to savour :p

(for all anyone knows, i am the alt account of montymint, for this moment, 10 years in the making!)

On topic, it's up the company to decide who they send their products to get reviewed to - if i knew that my product was 5% worse in area A but 5% better in area B and a review site focuses on area A mostly, I may be inclined to not send it to receive a worse review than is 'fair' in my eyes.

On the other side, HU should heavily make it clear that the AMD cards are the very best of this generation, based on what they've recieved... can easily over-sell AMD now that they have no competition (as far as HU are concerned)

Soldato
HU are in a right Kobayashi Maru pickle...stick to their guns and be blacklisted by Nvidia until Jensen retires to full time cake baking in his kitchen or change their editorial policy and be roasted for giving in...(there is no doubt that those two are massive AMD fanboys, though)

Associate
Just playing devils advocate here for a second lets leave emotion out of it and look at this from a purely business point of view. You send a sample out to an influencer and they give you a bad review. Fine then you don't send them one in future simple business practice you don't want bad PR you only want good PR and ultimately that is the purpose of sending out the samples in the first place to get good PR.

Ultimately if you keep sending out bad products you end up blacklisting every reviewer and therefore you get no reviews of your new products!

Soldato
The FE is one big dirty trick anyway. The product that's reviewed in the media will never be available to most people.
Look these shinanigans have been going on for years. The GPU business is a duopoly, Nvidia and AMD get to influence the media for more than they ought to be able to.
This is why Intel's entry to the market is such a big deal. Even if the actual products are inferior - they have deep pockets, and their presence and pricing strategy is highly likely to dilute the influence of the other players.

Associate
Dude your posts are ignore worthy at best. Give it a rest and take off your green shirt once in a while.
Indeed, there is a minor bias and then there is major bias and there these two posters in this thread.
Added them both to ignore, it's not like either has anything worthwhile to say anyhow!

Associate
HU are in a right Kobayashi Maru pickle...stick to their guns and be blacklisted by Nvidia until Jensen retires to full time cake baking in his kitchen or change their editorial policy and be roasted for giving in...(there is no doubt that those two are massive AMD fanboys, though)
the thing to do is stick to their guns.

Soldato
Really trashy move by Nvidia. What about GN's trashing of the 3090 for 8k? Did that not meet their editorial standards?

Oh don't worry they'll be coming for him next. Bribe, cajole, withdraw review samples, letters from lawyers whatever works best for this bunch of gangsters.

Ha, did you see their 6900XT review?

Haha of course not he doesn't watch AMD shill sites he only watches impartial and unbiased reviews such as Jay2Shills.

Associate
Ultimately if you keep sending out bad products you end up blacklisting every reviewer and therefore you get no reviews of your new products!
That would be the ultimate irony!
But even Nvidia aren't narcissistic enough to all that way and especially if these kind of incidents actually work and more 'reviewers' turn into PR mouthpieces who only read from the reviewer's guide. In an ideal world, bullying wouldn't work, but in the real world it generally does.

Soldato
If amd had blacklisted people who gave them bad reviews over the last few years there wouldn't be many reviewers to send cards to, nvidia need to stop acting like spoilt children

Soldato
This could go one of two ways. Nvidia bow to pressure and recant or double down and make all the AIB partners blacklist him too. I am sure they have the power to do the latter.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337257811625955329

Not that I am defending Nvidia but you have to wonder about the above in bold it doubts credibility.

You also have to wonder why the video in question that Nvidia are against is not being mentioned by HU. HU do not want draw attention to the fact what Nvidia is saying is true ?

Just being Devils Advocate.
You're just being stupid. The reason companies blacklist channels is due to them being unbiased and not shilling their products hard enough. ASRock were one of the other companies to blacklist Hardware Unboxed, and it was for pointing out that either their X570 or B550 boards were crap (don't remember which). They blacklisted Gamers Nexus at the same time for the same reason. I guess that throws doubt on Gamers Nexus' credibility too? Asus are another one who had a problem with HU for making a big deal out of the fact that the 5700 XT TUF was outright faulty by design. Asus threatened legal action against them and demanded they remove the videos, which they refused to do. And of course they were proven right, and even Asus admitted it was busted in the end and released a revised 'Evo' version to fix the exact problem the videos pointed out. Another stain on HU's credibility in your mind though.

Being blacklisted from receiving review samples should be a ****ing badge of honour for a reviewer. Not being willing to sell out and be an unapologetic shill is what these companies hate, not "biased" reviews.

Caporegime
You're just being stupid. The reason companies blacklist channels is due to them being unbiased and not shilling their products hard enough. ASRock were one of the other companies to blacklist Hardware Unboxed, and it was for pointing out that either their X570 or B550 boards were crap (don't remember which). They blacklisted Gamers Nexus at the same time for the same reason. I guess that throws doubt on Gamers Nexus' credibility too? Asus are another one who had a problem with HU for making a big deal out of the fact that the 5700 XT TUF was outright faulty by design. Asus threatened legal action against them and demanded they remove the videos, which they refused to do. And of course they were proven right, and even Asus admitted it was busted in the end and released a revised 'Evo' version to fix the exact problem the videos pointed out. Another stain on HU's credibility in your mind though.

Being blacklisted from receiving review samples should be a ****ing badge of honour for a reviewer. Not being willing to sell out and be an unapologetic shill is what these companies hate, not "biased" reviews.

Wait..... these are all AMD related products, i thought HU were massive AMD fanboys? :D

You're not much good at being a fanboy Steve....

Back
Top Bottom