X-Factor 2012

Soldato
Why do I dislike James so much? He's getting so much love - even from ocUK'ers!
Couldn't care less who wins tbh but will watcher the final.

Cowell might well be entertaining some sleepless nights over the next week..

Man of Honour
Cowell might well be entertaining some sleepless nights over the next week..

Why?
Do you think Cowell worries about who wins the British X-Factor after he's just made millions on each series (and multiply that by the franchise all around the World)?
If he does get worried then it's about the next country that takes it on or drops it.

Soldato
However you look at it, it's a business and Cowell will expect to maximise on his investment to get the best return. That won't happen with Maloney but it might with James (btw, although not clear my remark re sleepless nights was meant to be a suggestion that CM might win).

Looking at the systemic drop in ratings I imagine X-Fator UK will be under considerable scrutiny whatever next week's outcome.

Soldato
if christopher maloney does win, it's because the public want him to win.

his voice isn't amazing but he'd shift albums by the bucket load.

Caporegime
Oh so you personally know him.

Sorry Dim but that is Cowells motivating factor... he won't be doing it for the "love of music". He is a well known in the industry for being a ruthless businessman. he wants the show to have high ratings and he wants it to make money... and like Domo said, X-Factor this year has been slated far mroe than in previous years.

Caporegime
Absolutely, he will be doing it for the love of money but he won't be crying over that Maloney might win and he doesn't make a money off him.
If he was that bothered then he should have committed suicide over Pudsey.

Why would he have done that? He seems to love the Pudsey act. :confused:

Man of Honour
Why would he have done that? He seems to love the Pudsey act. :confused:

EXACTLY and there were plenty of singing acts on BGT that could have earned him a fortune but instead he's probably making a few quid here and there with Pudsey's appearances.
It really doesn't matter if Maloney wins because he's still got his fingers in the pie of all the artists anyway (eg JLS, One Direction and Cher Lloyd to name but 3).

Caporegime
EXACTLY and there were plenty of singing acts on BGT that could have earned him a fortune but instead he's probably making a few quid here and there with Pudsey's appearances.
It really doesn't matter if Maloney wins because he's still got his fingers in the pie of all the artists anyway (eg JLS, One Direction and Cher Lloyd to name but 3).

:confused:

The flaws in your anti-logic being:

• Simon loves Pudsey
  • Simon doesn't love Chris

• The public love Pudsey
  • The public don't love Chris

• Pudsey was a source of acclaim for BGT
  • Chris is a source of embarassment for XF

I really don't see how you can compare them.

Soldato

• Simon loves Pudsey
  • Simon doesn't love Chris

• The public love Pudsey
  • The public don't love Chris

• Pudsey was a source of acclaim for BGT
  • Chris is a source of embarassment for XF

I really don't see how you can compare them.

Flaw in your logic?

Chris must be loved by the public otherwise he wouldn't of been voted in as a wild card and still in the show.

His granma can't dial that quickly:D

Man of Honour

[*]The public don't love Chris

You're making yourself look daft now.
If Cowell loves money so much that he wants a certain act to win then Pudsey would not have been his choice HOWEVER it makes no difference to Cowell because he still has a piece of all the artists.
I forgot about the biggest loser - Susan Boyle, I bet he was crying his eyes out when she lost - not.
Also if the rumours are true Maloney has got a bigger fan base than any of the other contestants so money grabbing Cowell will be rubbing his hands.

Caporegime
Flaw in your logic?

Chris must be loved by the public otherwise he wouldn't of been voted in as a wild card and still in the show.

His granma can't dial that quickly:D

Anyone who thinks that Chris is genuinely loved by anyone other than scousers and old ladies is kidding themselves, that's who is voting for him in great numbers. He is a cringeworthy character, with zero star quality, not even a hint of charisma... and the media, all celebs, critics, and majority of non-voting public know this. Yes, he is getting a lot of votes, but I think a lot are fuelled by wanting to discredit the Xfactor, and as sympathy for the harsh treatment he got. Most people simply have an opinion and do not vote.

You're making yourself look daft now.
If Cowell loves money so much that he wants a certain act to win then Pudsey would not have been his choice HOWEVER it makes no difference to Cowell because he still has a piece of all the artists.
I forgot about the biggest loser - Susan Boyle, I bet he was crying his eyes out when she lost - not.
Also if the rumours are true Maloney has got a bigger fan base than any of the other contestants so money grabbing Cowell will be rubbing his hands.

With all due respect Dim, i'm not making myself look daft, though bless your heart I know you try hard.

The point is not just all the money that he can make, but the reputation of the show. The damage cringeworthy Chris will do to Xfactor as a show will be the first and foremost thing on Cowells mind. There is nothing remotely inspiring or uplifting about Chris, nothing to like or love that either Cowell or the media can get behind an dpush, and that is the point.

Soldato
Why?
Do you think Cowell worries about who wins the British X-Factor after he's just made millions on each series (and multiply that by the franchise all around the World)?
If he does get worried then it's about the next country that takes it on or drops it.

Precisely.

If you offered Cowell these two options what do you think he'd take?

a) A series that got 15 million viewers a week but only produced a one hit wonder.

b) A series that got 5 million viewers a week but discovered the new Elton John?

He'd take 'A' every time. That's why I don't get annoyed like most people when joke acts stay on whilst so-called better acts are voted off; I don't see it as a genuine search for the next big act, I see it as a Saturday night entertainment programme whose primary function is to attract viewers to the 8pm ITV slot with generating telephone revenue through voting and competitions coming a close second in the list of priorities.

Caporegime
Precisely.

If you offered Cowell these two options what do you think he'd take?

a) A series that got 15 million viewers a week but only produced a one hit wonder.

b) A series that got 5 million viewers a week but discovered the new Elton John?

He'd take 'A' every time. That's why I don't get annoyed like most people when joke acts stay on whilst so-called better acts are voted off; I don't see it as a genuine search for the next big act, I see it as a Saturday night entertainment programme whose primary function is to attract viewers to the 8pm ITV slot with generating telephone revenue through voting and competitions coming a close second in the list of priorities.

But none of those options are relevant. He is attracting 3 or so million viewers to an increasingly criticised show with a potential one-hit wonder who is simply a loathesome creature. BGT was attracting way more viewers with an act the public and media loves. Bit of a difference there.

Back
Top Bottom