• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900xt PSU requirements?

Soldato
hi all, just a quick question, could all the people who have an x1900xt post the PSU specs which you are using with it. i want to see what the lowest power psu is that can getaway with running the x1900xt card.

my card has 24a on the 12v rail and im trying to establish if that will be enough to power the card and the rest of my system in my sig.

Associate
it says 450 watt recommended on my box [saph xtx]
ive got the enermax 600 watt [sli] psu
your psu will be fine
my system in sig plus got 3 120 fans with lights on and a couple of uv 12 inch bulbs and a fan controler

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using an Akasa 460W with 28A on the combined 12V rails and a friend is using a "comes with case" Antec 380W with 32A on the combined 12V rails. 24A should be enough, as long as it's a decent make, but your Hiper is better.

Associate
The instructions demand 30a on the 12v rail - ive had a HIS X1900XT go bang using a Akasa 460w ultra quiet (which apparantly has 29A on the 12V rail) - the shop replaced it, but suggested the PSU might have caused the failure.

Im hoping it was just a dodgy card tho.

Soldato
Panzer said:
The instructions demand 30a on the 12v rail - ive had a HIS X1900XT go bang using a Akasa 460w ultra quiet (which apparantly has 29A on the 12V rail) - the shop replaced it, but suggested the PSU might have caused the failure.

Im hoping it was just a dodgy card tho.
It most definitely was a dodgy card, the 30A on the 12V figure is wildly exaggerated. I am using the exact same PSU you are.

Soldato
OP
psu.jpg

here is a comparrison pic of the 2 psu's i have. iv put the hiper type-R in my main pc now since it has more 12v ampage than the enermax does. that enermax is old skool, lots of ampage on the 5v rails since thats where the cpu's used to pull all their power from back in those days :D

so you guys rekon this hiper psu is up to the job of powering my opteron and an x1900xt??

Last edited:
Associate
yes but dont forget to buy a power adapter some 1900 dont have them in the box.. (connect dont).

You might want to get some good earphones as well, the fan is a little noisy at full speed. :p

hiper 480w

opty 2.7ghz
xi-fi
dfi lanparty
1900xt
dvd/hd

Caporegime
I would'nt get some good earphones not just for 2 seconds, only runs full speed when you first turn your PC on, or reset it for about 2 seconds as said, you'll be putting them on and taking them straight off again. :p

Soldato
OP
whaaa? it can;t be that loud?? wounded now. would my zalman vf-900cu fir on the x1900xt? the stock cooler looks massive so i doubt there would be any gain in using the zalman over it?

Soldato
OP
Toothpick said:
yes but dont forget to buy a power adapter some 1900 dont have them in the box.. (connect dont).

You might want to get some good earphones as well, the fan is a little noisy at full speed. :p

hiper 480w

opty 2.7ghz
xi-fi
dfi lanparty
1900xt
dvd/hd

don;t think i will need that power connector if its the same type 6 pin connector that went into the 7900gs, the hiper psu i have in the above pic has a native one of those 6 pin power connectors.

Back
Top Bottom