• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Soldato
Kesnel said:
Matt, in the bottom right had corner of your 3800 do you have an "N" or a "T"?

I got my 3800 today and it's a LDBHE 0605DPMW. Completely unknown stepping by the looks of it. Anyone else got/heard of one of these?

Looks to me that yours is a spanking new one. What code is yours? N ?

Associate
Mine is N, looks like most of the current 3800s are. It always puts me on edge when I get an unknown stepping. Luckily I've got a week to wait before I can clock it anyway so I'll wait and see what to do with it. ;)

Soldato
yeah mine is N but a different stepping as I said earlier, ldbhe 0601upaw

Should have it fired up tonight but in the absense of any other option for cooling other than phase I might let it burn in a bit before going mental with the volts.

might

doubt it though :p

Kesnel, did you buy off OCUK?

Soldato
Soon we should have the WR by a OcUK member and some very close. Defo got some cooling for the job anyways.

Thats 4 people now with phaser's and x2 3800+'s... Hopefully I will be the 5th :)

Associate
matt100 said:
yeah mine is N but a different stepping as I said earlier, ldbhe 0601upaw

Should have it fired up tonight but in the absense of any other option for cooling other than phase I might let it burn in a bit before going mental with the volts.

might

doubt it though :p

Kesnel, did you buy off OCUK?

Yep, ordered off OcUK yesterday. I'm trying to find any info about this stepping I can at the moment, but having no luck.

Soldato
Kesnel said:
Yep, ordered off OcUK yesterday. I'm trying to find any info about this stepping I can at the moment, but having no luck.

I bloody knew it! the bearded gimp who served me told me that was all they had in, they're all the same...

He's about 30 seconds off a purple shirt and a trip to "where in the world.. I'll ask my supervisor.." To be fair I would have chosen mine anyway but I would have liked to see a couple at least.

Permabanned
matt100 said:
I bloody knew it! the bearded gimp who served me told me that was all they had in, they're all the same...

He's about 30 seconds off a purple shirt and a trip to "where in the world.. I'll ask my supervisor.." To be fair I would have chosen mine anyway but I would have liked to see a couple at least.

LOL.o well.

on a better note. WD sent me a 74gb raptor to replace my dead 36gb raptor :)

Should have some 3800 results tomorrow night

Tom

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
just got mine dual priming overnight now at 240x10 and 1.45v to burn it in a bit, not bad full load showing as -15 :D

And let me tell you, a mach2 might be a pig to fit but so is a chilly1 modded mach2..

but so.... sooooooooooooooooooo much quieter than a vapochill. Happy matt!

I've had it up to 2.95 but it required 1.65 for that which is a bit of a worry but this is new territory for my memory too because this clearly has a much stronger memory controller than my 4400, even under water the 4400 required 2.92v to run 2 sticks of gskill hz which is only supposed to need 2.8 max, with this chip, straight in at stock volts 2.66 :D

I'm happy.

Permabanned
im sure those fans on your mach should be on turbo dude?

if its got 507 in it, the compressor needs to be cooled a fair bit.

i wouldnt run it without fans on high ish

Tom

Associate
My first attempt @ OC

Abit AV8
Toledo 3800X2 OEM
Arctic Cooler Pro 64
getting 2401Mhz @ 1.45V
GeIL 2Gb Pc3200 Ram
Timings 3-4-4-8-1T (noob with this) not sure whats best.
HTT x4
DRAM Multiplier X2 @DDR200

Need some help really as I'm all new to this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Xtorsion said:
Got my OEM X2 3800 today. The stepping is CCBWE 0601, any ideas whether its a good clocker? Gonna be overclocking it tomorrow. :)

Yours is a Toledo core with half cache disabled, which have not been clocking as well as the true Manchesters so far if I remember correctly.

Let us know how you do with it. :)

Permabanned
matt100 said:
I've had it up to 2.95 but it required 1.65 for that which is a bit of a worry

:eek: got mine fully prime stable the first day i got it with 1.45v at 3ghz both cores, without burning in. Lets hope it is the ram, although im only running 1gb so that might help me.

Permabanned
your chip is a beast phil. :)

im at 3.1ghz with a touch over 1.5v.

gonna prime it tonight. Mach is not happy with these heatloads tho lol. fixed the mounting now too

Tom

Soldato
Mr Mister said:
:eek: got mine fully prime stable the first day i got it with 1.45v at 3ghz both cores, without burning in. Lets hope it is the ram, although im only running 1gb so that might help me.

don't tell me I've got a minger :(

Associate
my baby arrived today :D

ldbhe0602xpmw4mw.jpg

now I just need a DFI to plug her in..

mines a T unlike most here, I just looked at fx-60 pics and 4/4 I saw were T :cool: w000t! - hopefully means better silicon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Had mine for a week now (working at least, not a glorified ornament :rolleyes: ) and booted it up at 2.5 (250 x 10) with mem on the 166 divider (208mhz).

Each core will run super pi fine, gets around 37 secs, but when i try and run two (seperate) instances on the 1mb test 1 core will complete fine but the other gives "not in round" errors. This varies from core to core.

I currently have it at 2.4 so that the mem I have can run 200mhz at cas 2 (Corsair TwinX 3200 C2PT). Its completely stable in everything else, like BF2 (which is a fair indication of stability IMO) and general tasks.

EDIT - Actually it always locked up in BOINC stuff after 20 mins at 2.5,

Question is:

Should I relax the memory timings to say cas 2.5 and try and keep that on the 166 divider and maybe try for higher FSB?

Keep the memory on cas 2 and leave it at 2.5 even if it would give errors in dual super pi?

Havent done too much testing, am off next week so will give it a better go then.

BTW i have an Asrock Dual board so am limited to 274 FSB (dont ask about flashing the BIOS as thats why it was a paperweight for 1 week...)

Also I've got an older Toledo core chip.

Back
Top Bottom