• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Big.Wayne said:
Haha nice one! :)

Well if got suitable cooling (Phase?) and fancy getting your name in the benchmark hall of fame worldwide could be an option? If however you wanna lock down for some serious gaming sessions or do some *proper* work ;) and don't own a phase wait for some kind peeps to post some nice stable overclocks before rushing to spend your mulla. . .

I own a Koolance Exos 2 water cooling system (google it! ;) ) its dam nice and can dissapate heat VERY quickly and quietly, therefore moving from my P4 system to socket 939 with 3800+ X2 should be nice little performance increase along with an X1800XT 512mb! :p will order it soon

no sorry mate I lost the ability to log onto OCUK for like a month for some reason on NTL and since then the tables been left behind.

If anyone wants to make a new table or update mine then i'll happily upload it to my webspace in place of the old one :)

Got mine stable again @ 2.4

MB Brand : Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
MB Model : GA-K8NXP-9
RAM Freq : 200.2 MHz
RAM Ratio : CPU/12
RAM Timings : 2.5-3-3-7

Why is it that when i look @ other ppls cpuz results that the FSB is different to the BUS speed or core speed...no matter what i try the FSB is the same as the others all the time.

Hi guys

I have a X2 3800 (CCBWE0529TPMW, Toledo) which does 2500Mhz @ stock voltage/heatsink. (250x10)

The problem is the ram frequency, 4x512MB Twinmos PC3200U 2.5-3-3-8. No matter how I try I cant get any higher than using ram ratio CPU/20 (DDR200 in bios). If I try DDR266, the computer stops after POST with a RAM R/W failure. The ram is currently at 125Mhz (DDR200+OC) and would be at 158Mhz (DDR266+OC) which is well within specs.

The mobo is an Asus A8V with 1017 bios and the ram timings are controlled by SPD.

What do you guys think is holding me back ?

Is there an issue using 4x DIMMS, is the A8V bad for overclocking or is it something else ?

Multiplier = 10
HTT = 4 (marked as 800 in bios)
FSB = 250
Ram ratio = CPU/20 (DDR200 in bios)

thx
ikapod

welshtom said:
What, i could get on the benchmark hall of fame :)

W00t. 3800 here i come

Well if you're in I'm in.

All this talk of stability is making me feel ill, I wanna play in the suicide shots team with my chilly1!

EDIT: Ahh stuff it, I think I'll go to overclockers tomorrow, at least then I can look at the stepping before I accept it. My 4400 won't go above 3ghz with bonkers volts (like 1.8!)

Last edited:
matt100 said:

All this talk of stability is making me feel ill, I wanna play in the suicide shots team with my chilly1!

EDIT: Ahh stuff it, I think I'll go to overclockers tomorrow, at least then I can look at the stepping before I accept it. My 4400 won't go above 3ghz with bonkers volts (like 1.8!)

Make sure it's an xxBHx stepping for use under that monster Mach of yours. :D

Tom, was that chip oem or retail?

I'm still taking things easy and learning my BIOS (has there ever been a more complex overclocking process? :-)

CCBWE 0601XPMW solid as a rock at 2.4GHz. All games and benchmarks run fine. I've Only 2xPrime95'd it for an hour or so, and the temp's stabilised at about 42.5C according to Speedfan. I swear the CPU heatsink only gets warm when I game and the heat rising from my vid card heats it up! :-)

Toledo core on these chips, BTW, just in case it hasn't already been reported.

Andrew McP

PS The following pic is my record, so far, of various benchmarks on my "old" mobile Barton and new x2 3800 setup. Same AGP vid card (X800Pro flashed to XT) and RAM used on both. RAM settings may be slightly different (I haven't checked), but otherwise it's a fairly level playing field. Some benchmarks (AQ3) show a nice improvement. Others are much less impressive.

Last edited:
Kesnel said:
Make sure it's an xxBHx stepping for use under that monster Mach of yours. :D

Tom, was that chip oem or retail?

Do you think the oem ones which are ccbwe will have the coldbug as that is the stepping of a lot of the dual core opterons.

matt100 said:

YOU GOT CHILLY1?!?!?! I wanted to be the l33test of them all with a mach 2 gt and here you come along with the real shizz. :D

Mr Mister said:
Do you think the oem ones which are ccbwe will have the coldbug as that is the stepping of a lot of the dual core opterons.

Not sure about BW mem controllers, but you can pretty much bet your house on BH ones being without bugs.

In any case, I've caved in an ordered a retail 3800 - such poor self control. :(

Looks like we could have 4 guys on phase with X2 3800+'s, would be a good battle to watch.

Mr Mister has set the benchmark with 345x10, 3451MHz smoking cpu speed. Thats going to be hard to beat.

Mr Mister, got any validated screenies of that?

Bennah said:
Looks like we could have 4 guys on phase with X2 3800+'s, would be a good battle to watch.

Mr Mister has set the benchmark with 345x10, 3451MHz smoking cpu speed. Thats going to be hard to beat.

Mr Mister, got any validated screenies of that?

If matt gets his hands on a BH stepping then he's really going to rout us all easily. Those things will take -70c core temps without bugging. :eek:

I am also looking forward to see that single stager do its worst :D

Looking around and Mr Minster, is very close to the X2 3800+ WR. Looks to be at 350x10 3504MHz, thats a Toledo core though, not a Manchester. Not sure what the WR is with a Manchester. Mr Minster could well of just set it :D Great stuff, its going to be hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom