• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Associate
Hi guys, long time reader, few times poster!

Been tracking this post for a while and notice the max is at 2.8Ghz. My 3rd year project, is "Enhanced Overclocking of Overclocked CPUS@. NICE :D I do a thermo-fluids theme and i've got the following rig to test to on.

X2 3800+
DFI Lan Party UT DR Expert
1GB Corsair XMS3500LL PRO 2-3-2-6-IT
Standard AMD Heatsink
Zalman CNPS9500 LED
Custom Waterblock for closed loop system using Asktec Pump and Swiftec 2x120mm Radiator.
Custom Waterblock attached to Nitrogen Vapor from a Liquid Nitrogen Cryo cooler :D
The MOBO is gonna be PTFE sprayed to prevent condensation forming on it and the pipelines in and out insulated

I will make it to the top of the chart past Scupltor! lol
Will post max findings in due course.

Deviousdragonuk

Permabanned
that table on the first page is way out of date. The best is 3.55ghz so far on the ocuk forums. (suicide shot)

@Dark_Angel - the cooler that came with my retail 3800x2 was the same solid one as comes with a 3000 so it should be fine although if you want to overclock better off going for an aftermarket cooler like the arctic freezer pro.

Soldato
I know its not "proved" enugh for some of the more authoritarian folks on this forum but for me 4 hours of cpu stability test on 1 core and prime 95 on the other is more than stable enough..

stable.jpg

I might try and drop the vcore a bit but seeing as my chilly1 mach 2 has 100% load on both cores running at -8 I hardly see the point ;)

Got to push for 3.1 now but I don't fancy my chances, seems to flake out about 3.05..

Associate
Mate thats looking awsome. My Chilly1 Phase arives in around 10days. So If my Opy has the Bug ill be getting my 3rd 3800X2.LMAO ;)

Associate
Nice BH5. :eek:

My chip has been sold now, it was prime stable at 3Ghz using 1.6v, but couldn't get it higher. I'll maybe look for another as I'm hoping for 3.1Ghz - 3.2Ghz before I can be convinced to make the jump from single core.

Associate
Kesnel said:
Nice BH5. :eek:

My chip has been sold now, it was prime stable at 3Ghz using 1.6v, but couldn't get it higher. I'll maybe look for another as I'm hoping for 3.1Ghz - 3.2Ghz before I can be convinced to make the jump from single core.

ME to Kesnel, Phase all ordered and being built now dude.. Ill Cross my fingers my opty hasnt the bug. If it does ill get my 3rd 3800X2 to play with on Phase.,

Permabanned
4Qman said:
ME to Kesnel, Phase all ordered and being built now dude.. Ill Cross my fingers my opty hasnt the bug. If it does ill get my 3rd 3800X2 to play with on Phase.,

why with the dropping of "3rd 3800" etc etc lol. i dont drop in i've had about 20 939 chips ;).

your opty will be coldbugged. so get that 3rd 3800 while the steppings are good

Tom

Associate
welshtom said:
why with the dropping of "3rd 3800" etc etc lol. i dont drop in i've had about 20 939 chips ;).

your opty will be coldbugged. so get that 3rd 3800 while the steppings are good

Tom

Oh i wasnt try to be big headed dude. Man u thought that, Shame ;) Well ill hold out as ive seen the same Opty im using under Phase ok but ill soon see.

Havent had time to read up what later 3800X2 are like under cold yet.

Associate
I ordered a retail one, should be turning up tomorow. I will post info then.

anyone know if this motherboard is anygood for OC, i'm a bit of a newb when it comes to this sort of thing. ;)

Sapphire PURE Advantage CrossFire Radeon Xpress 200P CrossFire

very impressed with the OC's in this thread though personally i'll be happy with 2.4ghz.

Back
Top Bottom