• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

if you load up your pics to the likes of imageshack youll be able to poast links to it here
google image shack and take it from there ,there are links generated for you once you upload the pics to imageshack

hth

I would say if your only running one instance ,when you fire up two together then it will get even hotter ,its a nice overclock but you will need to be thinking of better cooling possibly water
to run two instances of prime 95 you will need to store them in different directories ie one in my documents and one on desktop to run two instances at the same time
55 is as hot as you want to be running , i know what your going through mine idles great but when i run it above 2.5 i cant keep it cool enough even though i was putting just over 1.5 v to it setting up the water cooling just now so im hoping it will help

sablabra said:
Of course it's an manchester :p . Basically, a x2 3800+ is a manchester which consists of 2x3200+(venice), which means that it has 2x512kb L2 cache. However, if you move up to x2 4400+ or x2 4800+ you will get a toledo, which basically consists of 2x3700+(san diego) or 2x4000+(san diego), which means that it got 2x1mb L2 cache
my 3800 is a toledo core

King_Boru said:
The X2 3800+ has 2x512KB Cache. If it were 1MBx2 it would be considered an X2 4000+.

Yeah but the thing is that a toledo core consists of 2 cpus with 2x1mb L2 cache. For an instance, the x2 4400+ basically consists of 2 athlon 64 3700+ cpus. 2 san diegos that is... So if it's an toledo core, it has to have 2x1mb L2 cache, right? Or have I missed out on something?

King_Boru said:
Jesus christ its just been explained
hulk-shouting-1.gif
:p

Last edited:
Well I don't know if its the offical answer, just assuming as its similar to what AMD have done before eg. Sempron.

So... You get a 4400+ Toledo, the 2 x 1MB L2 cache fails AMD's quality tests, so they disable half the cache (its still the same Toledo core), it passes all the tests so they re-name it to a lower PR (3800+) = Money saved by AMD.

Last edited:
Tim said:
Well I don't know if its the offical answer, just assuming as its similar to what AMD have done before eg. Sempron.

So... You get a 4400+ Toledo, the 2 x 1MB L2 cache fails AMD's quality tests, so they disable half the cache (its still the same Toledo core), it passes all the tests so they re-name it to a lower PR (3800+) = Money saved by AMD.

ahh, ok. Just didn't thought they could call it a toledo then :p . Glad I got a manchester then.

Concorde Rules: You needed high Vcore to reach that speed. You might got a monday product :p

Back
Top Bottom