• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

My results: -

Clock - 2550
HTT - 255x10
RAM FSB - 255
Timings - 2.5,3,3,10 1T
VCore - 1.55
HT - 3x
Core - Manchester
Cooler - Air - XP90c + Tornado 92mm
Stable - Prime95 (about 10 hours)
Mobo - MSI Neo2 Plat

I've been running at these settings since the end of September, and I haven't had one single crash or bsod whatsoever! I LOVE this processor.

I am going to get an NF4 SLI motherboard when I can afford my next gfx card. Probably wait until Feb/March when nvidia G71 is released. Hope to get slightly better overclock with a new motherboard. I don't like the way the Neo Plat 2 handles Vcore.

Also want to go for watercooling sometime next year - should allow a bit more overclocking!!

Im trying to get the basics of OC....and I think I am understanding it slowly. My cooling is at stock and it idles at about 32 and when fully loaded it is at about 44. I tested that using Super PI and Prime95.
clock speed is stock@2010MHz
Voltage is [email protected]
Mulitplier = x10.0
FSB = 200MHz
Memory is set at 3.0-3-3-8

my questions are: can i leave the mulitplier and RAM settings as they are and increase the voltage to 1.4v and the FSB to 240MHz to get 2400MHz?

I tried to post a screen of CPUZ but I am a retard and couldnt get it to work :confused:

Cheers!

Not tried pushing higher

cpuz2xj.jpg

cpuz26qt.jpg

temp is 35 idle and load is about 40.

ram is G.Skill 2gb HZ

@ panthro
yes m8 try 240x10 with say 1.45 and the ram at 200 see if itll boot and prime you could also do it the proper way taking it in wee steps but i dont have the patience for that :)
what motherboard do you have

also for your cpu screenie press print screen then open up microsoft paint and right click and paste then save it to say my documents
then upload it to say photobucket
then copy the url it saves for you once youve uploaded the picture

if you already know this sorry im trying to point out in an easy way of how to do it
:)

Cheers pumpman, I will try that. the mobo is an AsusA8N-E standard.

I'll try and sort out the screenies too!!

The RAM is 1GB basic Samsung 3200 RAM too, dunno how good/rubbish this RAM is.

Last edited:
sorry guys been unable to access the OCUK forums inexplicably for a month or so until now, think it might have had something to do with the fact i'm on NTL and something was changed.

people are free to take over updating the table but i'm no longer able to find the time to, especially with how far behind I am on it now.

sid said:
MSI Neo2 only does 2.85V max on the ram,

i will have to use dividers then :(

sid

Sorry Sid been a while... but.. better late than never..

is that a Neo 2 Platinum you have by any chance.. can do a simple mod to the back of the board for 3.3v`s on the ram..

i did it to my neo 2 platinum to get my BH-5 up to Speed. :)

simple and no danger really.

k8nneo2-4.jpg

stable.JPG

Core0 won't do anything above 2.6GHz, core1 was still priming at 2.7 and 2.8GHz:o Quite frustrating that one cores better than the other but i'm happy overall, some of these chips don't do 2.5.

Thats on an Abit AX8 v2.0, RAM at 217MHz, 260HTT, 4x HT, watercooled.

Back
Top Bottom