X4 Foundations

Soldato
At xcon the 26th august, egosoft showed through their stream on twitch their new game x4 Foundations.

Seems a step up from x rebirth with new map with a lot of functionality where u can control ur empire from, give commands from, and more. Fly any ship now.

Etc..

Soldato
I'll watch this and see how it goes. I've always had a soft spot for the X games and have owned most of them except for the most recent... Hopefully the maps work out better as really all they ever consisted of was various cubes with links between them, rather than seamless flying.

Soldato
I remember sinking God knows how many hours into X: Beyond the Frontier, that was back when games game in big boxes with manuals the size of a good book though. In fact, I Still have the box and manual hanging about somewhere.

Soldato
Well looks like after their awfulness of x:rebirth, they are back to single player eve, and using the x:tc style of gameplay.
This can only be a good thing, loved that game, but my word it was tough to begin.

Soldato
I remember sinking God knows how many hours into X: Beyond the Frontier, that was back when games game in big boxes with manuals the size of a good book though. In fact, I Still have the box and manual hanging about somewhere.
I still remember flying between the various stations in the experminental fighter in awe of the 3d'ness of the whole thing.

Soldato
This looks interesting but tempered with the knowledge it will take several service packs and hotfixes to turn the Day 1 release into a thoroughly enjoyable game. I lost many hours in all of the X games (starting with X2) even Rebirth once it was patched up to where it is now.

Man of Honour
Rebirth had so much potential. Standing on the bridge of a capital ship mid fight was absolutely stunning. Just a shame it was one of the clunkiest games that I have ever played.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Please, please, please, don't **** this one up Egosoft, I'm still playing X3:TC having failed to click with X:Rebirth so i'll be watching this with a great deal of interest.

Permabanned

X2 was the game for me. You could fly different ships even capital ones, and the trading/command software that let you instruct huge fleets was awesome.
X3 was more of the same with just better graphics and station complexes.

I didn't play X3 that much because it lacks an endgame. You can buy as many ships as you want but if there's no real threat to pit them against, what's the point?

There's a mod out called Litcubes Universe which addresses this. Would love to install and see what it's like, heard good things.

As for Rebirth, I heard so many bad things about it I didn't even 'try' it. Hope this is different.

Soldato
Well you had a myriad of cap ships in X3 TC which you could captain, the problem being they were nearly as big as some of the systems you traversed which could take you from hero to arch-enemy of a faction/race by means of accidental destruction in your wake flying from one gate to the next.

A fully kitted out Boreas was awesome to command into a Xenon or Khaak sector pumping out "fire and fury", but best left out of system in Seizewell or Kingdom End.

Soldato
OP
Egosoft are releasing a trailer, a release date and possibly some gameplay discussion video tomorrow around 12 cest.

There forums have been updated too and there's been a few videos some may have missed on their YouTube account. Also there's been about 10+ screenshots of the day been posted in a sticky on their forums which has some nice shots of ships.

Can't wait till tomorrow to see the new stuff and know when it's coming out and hopefully know the price too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EGOSOFT

For info and screenshots

Back
Top Bottom