Xbox 360 or ps3

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Cannot be answered with any authority as PS3 or 360 is a personal thing.
For me I had a 360 for years but couldn't play FPS on it but had a blast playing Forza & kept playing BF2 on PC.
Then I got a PS3 & it just clicked & I play All my FPS on my PS3 & haven't played BF2 since I got it. :eek:
The difference for me online is that I seem to meet more grown ups & the Only reason I prefer the PS3 is because I can play FPS on it. Like I said it's a personal decision rather than a one is better than tuther.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Hmm for the oldies here this could turn into something like spectrum vs. c64 wars, which were shocking. Both consoles are great and worth owning, have a look at both consoles and see which games you prefer, example gears of war or killzone, halo or uncharted, forza or GT5. Online features on 360 are miles better it has to be said, the only way i can compliment sony in that regard is that the ps3's are 'discreet'.

Caporegime
I've got both, the ps3 is connected up and on lots.
The Xbox has been in a box behind TV unit for over a year untouched...

Though to be fair that's more down to friends all owning ps3's rather than xboxs

Associate
i'm on my third xbox 360 i think. the last one has failed three times and its now out of any warranty. the microsoft would repair it again for £70 but i don't think its worth it. if you don't care what games are out there ps3 is more reliable console.

Caporegime
Literally just bought an xbox this month, first console in years

Xbox was easy for me

Like forza and halo
Already have blu ray Htpc
Plays some old games

Number 1... Can't use the playstation controllers cause of the analogue sticks position and the tacky feel, but mainly the sticks

So bottom line,, personal preferences

Associate
Get a PS3, the xbox is near the end of its life cycle IMO (the ps3 is aswell but you may as well try some ps3 exclusives before it completely dies.

Associate
It depends how long you will play on the console. If you got a lot of things planned or you're busy most of the time, then you should get a PS3.

If you don't then get an Xbox 360 as the online experience is MUCH MUCH better and there are better exclusive games on the 360 than the PS3. Although the PS3 does have awesome exclusives like Uncharted, on the 360 you got GoW and Halo etc.

If you want a change from the consoles, get a gaming computer :)

Last edited:
Associate
Rather foolish to base an entire decision on a simple peripheral.

As someone who has both, almost all my media use is done on the PS3. The Xbox has some good on-demand TV apps now as well as Last.FM, but in terms of playing back downloaded files or from a network drive/server, the PS3 provides a far smoother, quicker interface.

My main gripe with the Xbox now is that the entire dashboard is designed solely to sell you things, and in doing so they've made it much more difficult to actually get to the content/games that you actually own. Almost every single 'tab' along the top of the screen takes you to adverts and promotions rather than the content you actually own within those particular categories. It's a disgrace really, hopefully Sony don't follow that trend any time soon.
I cant stan the ps pad I have to hold it in my fingers to be able to use the thumb stick and buttons rather than the bottom of my thumb where it joins my hand. but i agree with the dash the last one was much easier to use and find what you want

Back
Top Bottom