Xbox 360 Returns

Soldato
KennyBhoy said:
I agree it's very hard to gauge something like this with an Internet Poll.....I'm just basing my opinion on my personal experience and from people i actually know that have had trouble too...

I know 5 people personally who have a 360.....Myself included....Out of that 5.....3 of us have had to return our 360's.....That just smacks me as incredible and ofcourse reading various stories of other peoples unfortunate luck just creates the picture that it is a big problem BUT i undertsand the 1000's of people who have good systems ain't bombarding the Net with "Mines works" posts.....We will always read the bad posts....

I've had a XBox 1 since it's launch and i know more people than i care to count that have them and only 1 has had problems.....Their probably was loads of dodgy XBox's.....I just never heard of them :D

It is VERY hard to gauge as you say. For example, if i knew 5 people locally, and all 5 had faults, i would start to think along the lines of a faulty batch of 360's in my area. It is very likely that stock is assigned to people in bunches, and the distributed to their other shops by the pallet. Therefore if there was a dodgy run at the factory, one region could end up getting the lot.

As for it being more than 3% who knows? Didnt MS ship like 500,000 units worldwide? I dont see THAT many complaining, although admitedly quite a few.

Wonder how many are down to people mistreating them etc? Bringing them in from the cold and then turning them straight on? Bringing games in from the cold and putting them straight into the machine? etc etc

The possibilities are endless. Mine works at the mo, hope it stays that way ;)

Caporegime
Rich said:
Wonder how many are down to people mistreating them etc? Bringing them in from the cold and then turning them straight on? Bringing games in from the cold and putting them straight into the machine? etc etc

how is that mistreating them? seems fairly normal to me xb360 must be the first console in history where you have to go through an advanced checklist procedure (not provided i might add!) before being able to use it. :p

Associate
I always give my hardware/software a couple of secs in the microwave before use, to bring em up to room temp,,,

No seriously though does game disc temperature really make a difference. :confused:

Soldato
turtle3 said:
I always give my hardware/software a couple of secs in the microwave before use, to bring em up to room temp,,,

No seriously though does game disc temperature really make a difference. :confused:

Only if its at one of the extremes, ie. so cold it shatters, or so hot it melts :)

Soldato
The temperatures thing is very basic , and also it seems, very overlooked.

Take a freezing cold disk that has been in your car all day, put it in a WARM console, and you are going to get condensation = wet = damage.

Over time this could make for serious problems.

They used to put a warning to that effect with most electrical items. Not sure if they do it any more....

Edit: Cant see any warnings for this in the 360 booklets...condensate at your leisure ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Tried&Tested said:
Good news (so far)..all seems well. Looks like i've got a newer dashboard version too.

Nice,, I just noticed your only up the road from me,, hope I get a similar service from microsoft then, dhl are due to collect tomorrow, BTW hows the dashboard differ? cheers turtle

Associate
Hey guess what guys?

Ive got my 360 back today :) not too bad took about 10 days, there is one small problem though: I cant try it because they didnt send me back a power supply :( arrrgghhhhh.. I dont belieeeeve it.

well done microsoft,,, on a good note though, ive just checked the serial and it is a new system, either that or I got someone elses repaired one, lol.

oh well more bf2 for me tonight then :)

Associate
Yeah he deffo told me to send the power supply but said keep the actual plug and cable that runs to it, after all it could have been that at fault or breaking down so it needed testing. The photo copied packing instructions were so bad I couldnt make head nor tails of what was in the pics lol, just got on to em and they said another 3 days and I should get the power brick,, my pgr3 will have to be dusted off before I play it at this rate,lol

Permabanned
Rich said:
The temperatures thing is very basic , and also it seems, very overlooked.

Take a freezing cold disk that has been in your car all day, put it in a WARM console, and you are going to get condensation = wet = damage.

Over time this could make for serious problems.

They used to put a warning to that effect with most electrical items. Not sure if they do it any more....

Edit: Cant see any warnings for this in the 360 booklets...condensate at your leisure ;)

Whilst you are quite right about cold objects dragging moisture from the atmosphere (and warmer temperatures can often have more moisture per square meter) most circuitry is now conformally coated to ensure that electrical shorts are not caused by condensation.

A fair amount of testing work that I do involves simulating thermal shock, condensation, high humidity etc. Most consumer goods seem fine in such atmospheres and conditions although it is generally good practice to allow an electrical item to stabilise at room temperature before switching it on.

Associate
Yipeeee :) got my power breezeblock on Thursday and WoW what a difference, All games play faultless now so much quieter and the dashboard loads up instantly, and to think I was in two minds about sending it back, I only had 2 games and a few downloaded demos and was thinking it just maybe a game/demo glitch making the artifacts pop up or i was just being fussy, now Ive no doubt about it that last console was definately borked, just hope this one stays good, :) :)

Back
Top Bottom