XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
I was going to get a subscription for my kids for Xmas - just ran through the instructions here and it worked an absolute charm. The steps have been posted before, but here's what I did exactly to get it, and save anyone browsing back through the thread:

1. Purchase 3 x 12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP BRAZIL from cdkeys.
2. Grab the keys and put them in notepad.
3. Download the tunnelbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.
4. Redeem the 3 keys, one after the other on: https://redeem.microsoft.com/
5. Disconnect from the VPN
6. Go to here: Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox
7. Upgrade it through that.
8. Go here to confirm all is good: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions
9. Turn off the automatic renewal from the same place.

That was it - completely issue free. Cheers to everyone here for saving me an absolute fortune :D :D :D

Nice one mine ran out yesterday just used this to get 3 years so sorted now until 2025

Soldato
With Microsoft constantly buying studios and adding more content, the price of gamepass is bound to go up. Buying the maximum time is the best option so you avoid the price increases

Associate
Hi, Looking for a bit of advice.
My gamespass sub expired, I waited till it lapsed, then bought xbl subs for 3 years.
I then tried to upgrade to gamespass ultimate from within the console and PC by paying the monthly fee - but it wouldnt do it, so decided to purchase a 1 month code - but that wouldn't work either.
Spoke to support who suggest wait 1 or 2 months and then try again - it wont let me "upgrade" as i'm at 3 years which is the max subs, surely this cant be correct though as i'm trying to upgrade and not extend ?
Any suggestions

Soldato
Strange it should work. You should be able to buy the 3 years Xbox live gold, then on pc login to your window account, go to subscription and press the upgrade to gamepass ultimate button, then pay a fee.

unless they've changed it and that extra fee adds 1 month on top of your 3 years. It didn't do this before but maybe it tries to now and blocks it. If that's the case you should be able to converted to gamepass if you wait 1 month

Associate
Strange it should work. You should be able to buy the 3 years Xbox live gold, then on pc login to your window account, go to subscription and press the upgrade to gamepass ultimate button, then pay a fee.

unless they've changed it and that extra fee adds 1 month on top of your 3 years. It didn't do this before but maybe it tries to now and blocks it. If that's the case you should be able to converted to gamepass if you wait 1 month
Hi, thanks for responding, that's what the support person said, however when upgrading its does say you can do the upgrade and anything over 36 months is lost, which I'm not too fussed about- but it just wont let me proceed, I've tried on console, PC , using different browsers etc. I even tried from within my subscriptions page on a link that specifically says upgrade from gold to gamespass but wont let me.

Just off that I now need to wait a month - seems no on else is having that problem
very strange

Associate
Try again tomorrow I guess, did your old sub expire today or a while ago?
Thanks, expired yesterday
will give it a day or so and try again, hopefully it goes through, otherwise will either get back to support or just wait a month - kids will be pleased :D

Soldato
Thanks, expired yesterday
will give it a day or so and try again, hopefully it goes through, otherwise will either get back to support or just wait a month - kids will be pleased :D

Keep us posted if you get it sorted, I will be doing the same soon when mine expires, might just get 2years of gold though, so that shouldn’t be an issue if indeed MS have changed something.

Soldato
They have changed it now. 1 year of gold only gets something like 3 months of Game Pass if you convert it.

I don't know if they changed something, I was just going off the other members comments.

Im talking about letting my ultimate sub expire and then adding 2 years gold and upgrading, why would a year only give 3 months, thats if I you have a current ultimate sub and convert I thought?

Associate
I don't know if they changed something, I was just going off the other members comments.

Im talking about letting my ultimate sub expire and then adding 2 years gold and upgrading, why would a year only give 3 months, thats if I you have a current ultimate sub and convert I thought?

thats what i thought as well unless its changed, mine expires in a couple of months so was hoping to jump back in and get the most i can before it likely increases.

Soldato
I did it about a month ago, 12 months of gold still converted to 12 months of Gamepass Ultimate.

You get less if you add gold to an *active* gamepass subscription. So unless something has changed very recently just let your gamepass sub run out for a day or so and then add gold.

Associate
I did it about a month ago, 12 months of gold still converted to 12 months of Gamepass Ultimate.

You get less if you add gold to an *active* gamepass subscription. So unless something has changed very recently just let your gamepass sub run out for a day or so and then add gold.

bosh, just what i wanted to hear :)

Associate
Keep us posted if you get it sorted, I will be doing the same soon when mine expires, might just get 2years of gold though, so that shouldn’t be an issue if indeed MS have changed something.
Hi

Just to update...
I tried again this morning and it worked, so the upgrade process is still working
Must have been either a glitch or me trying too soon to upgrade after expiry,
I'd suggest letting GPU expire, wait a day, apply XBL codes, wait another day or two and then upgrade to GPU, either via paying one month direct or redeeming a GPU code. I had to pay a month of GPU as the £1 offer didnt work for me, but it converted all the XBL to GPU

I also used WW codes for both XBL and GPU as didnt want to have to explain myself to support re using other region codes in the event of needing to contact them, which I had to do. But still worked out more cost effective, either way I'm, set for 3 years now

Soldato
Hi

Just to update...
I tried again this morning and it worked, so the upgrade process is still working
I'd suggest letting GPU expire, wait a day, apply XBL codes, wait another day or two and then upgrade to GPU, either via paying one month direct or redeeming a GPU code. I had to pay a month of GPU as the £1 offer didnt work for me, but it converted all the XBL to GPU

I also used WW codes for both XBL and GPU as didnt want to have to explain myself to support re using other region codes in the event of needing to contact them, which I had to do. But still worked out more cost effective, either way I'm, set for 3 years now

Good to see it worked out for you, thanks for the info.

Caporegime
Hi

Just to update...

Just tried and broke for me, will try the upgrade in a day or so.

Soldato
So I've just redeemed 3 years worth of turkey xbox live gold which is now applied to my account and I'm suffering from the same issues as others, its erroring out on the upgrade to game pass ultimate. I've switched my MS location back to NZ from turkey and the xbox is running from the correct ip so will have to give it a few hours and try again later.

Back
Top Bottom