XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Caporegime
So I went through the steps above, now when I go to upgrade for £1 it says I'm in the wrong region to upgrade and after talking to MS support - they say I can't upgrade.

Anyone had this, and know how to fix?

"You currently have a subscription from a different region. If it still doesn't work, please contact customer support."

Last edited:
Associate
So I went through the steps above, now when I go to upgrade for £1 it says I'm in the wrong region to upgrade and after talking to MS support - they say I can't upgrade.

Anyone had this, and know how to fix?

"You currently have a subscription from a different region. If it still doesn't work, please contact customer support."
Try getting a gamespass one month sub from the same region you got your xb live from and use that to upgrade, should work then as both would be consistent regions. not sure why its doesnt work anymore, unless they have strated to clamp down on the regions purchasing
This is the reason I went and got everything from UK or WW region, costs a little more but as least you dont have to worry about this sort of stuff and then MS refusing to assist due to region exploits
Hopefully you get it sorted,

Caporegime
Try getting a gamespass one month sub from the same region you got your xb live from and use that to upgrade, should work then as both would be consistent regions. not sure why its doesnt work anymore, unless they have strated to clamp down on the regions purchasing
This is the reason I went and got everything from UK or WW region, costs a little more but as least you dont have to worry about this sort of stuff and then MS refusing to assist due to region exploits

Just got a ultimate brazil one, and same error. Might try a US one, but lost some money trying this now.

Well, it just started working. Tried the code for the 5th time and it accepted it. So my advice for anyone trying is to buy an ultimate in the same region too (though a US one might work if buying a Brazil one).

Last edited:
Associate
Just got a ultimate brazil one, and same error. Might try a US one, but lost some money trying this now.

Well, it just started working. Tried the code for the 5th time and it accepted it. So my advice for anyone trying is to buy an ultimate in the same region too (though a US one might work if buying a Brazil one).
Glad you got it sorted

Soldato

I used 3 x Turkey Xbox Live codes but couldn't activate until I changed my address to somewhere in istanbul. After codes where loaded I then switched my location back to NZ where I live and I kept getting store vs. location errors on the upgrade.. finally worked an hour later so I'm presuming that changes in recognised location may take a little while to change over and so waiting some time allows it to sort itself out.

Associate
I used 3 x Turkey Xbox Live codes but couldn't activate until I changed my address to somewhere in istanbul. After codes where loaded I then switched my location back to NZ where I live and I kept getting store vs. location errors on the upgrade.. finally worked an hour later so I'm presuming that changes in recognised location may take a little while to change over and so waiting some time allows it to sort itself out.
Good to know, thanks for updating and glad to hear it worked out for you

Associate
My GPU was running out in October this year. Too long to wait to see if the trick still works and let my sub run out only to get caught by an eventual GPU price rise.

So I added 2 years of Turkey 3 month codes for around £88. October 2024 now.

Man of Honour
My GPU was running out in October this year. Too long to wait to see if the trick still works and let my sub run out only to get caught by an eventual GPU price rise.

So I added 2 years of Turkey 3 month codes for around £88. October 2024 now.

So this works? I thought you couldn't extend like that until it had expired. If this is the case, why would anyone wait for their sub to expire? I have no experience, just what I've read around and seems like contradicting information.

Soldato
So this works? I thought you couldn't extend like that until it had expired. If this is the case, why would anyone wait for their sub to expire? I have no experience, just what I've read around and seems like contradicting information.

It shouldn’t work. My understanding is that if you buy 12 months of gold while still having an active GPU it only gives you 4 months GPU.

Associate

The trick is converting xbox live gold into game pass ultimate. I am already on GPU, if i left my sub run out and the trick still works in October i could get 3 x 12 month Live Gold codes and then re-convert to GPU using a GPU code afterwards.
The codes i bought were 8 x 3 month Turkey GPU, not 3 x 12 Live Gold codes. If had bought and used 12 month Live Gold codes whilst already having GPU i would only get 4 months per Live Gold code.
I have just paid for 2 years, the trick would let me get 3 years for a little less money.
I don't want to risk having the trick run out by October.

Associate
Trying to redeem Brazil keys but getting this
This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account. Geo Restricted
Using TunnelBear.

Would appreciate your help

Update
Was able to redeem using Urban VPN on my phone. Go figure

Last edited:
Soldato
So. I have an Xbox with 1 month of ultimate active.

I wait for that to expire.
Buy 12 months of gold turkey from cd keys for 27£.
Disconnect VPN.
Buy one month of ultimate.
Apply to my account.

I then have 12 months of ultimate.

What is the best free VPN software to use?

Soldato
So. I have an Xbox with 1 month of ultimate active.

I wait for that to expire.
Buy 12 months of gold turkey from cd keys for 27£.
Disconnect VPN.
Buy one month of ultimate.
Apply to my account.

I then have 12 months of ultimate.

What is the best free VPN software to use?

tunnelbear

Soldato
I picked up the Witcher 3 game of the year edition on an Argentina code. For the life of me I can’t find Argentina in country options to use the code.
For games you just need to have a VPN end tunnel in that country, no changes required to your home location I've found and I've bought plenty of games not from my home country.

I use the older xbox android app that had the store built in as I found the web version slightly unreliable. I change the country to the country I want, kill the app, connect to hte country via the VPN, open the old app, and then redeem. Works well. Had to modify the older app version with a differnet name and it cannot update any more so its always available.

Soldato
For games you just need to have a VPN end tunnel in that country, no changes required to your home location I've found and I've bought plenty of games not from my home country.

I use the older xbox android app that had the store built in as I found the web version slightly unreliable. I change the country to the country I want, kill the app, connect to hte country via the VPN, open the old app, and then redeem. Works well. Had to modify the older app version with a differnet name and it cannot update any more so its always available.

Yeah I’ve tried using a vpn on my iPad and my phone ( tunnelbear for both ) . It keeps saying bought in different region.

Soldato
When at the redeem code site, does it state the same country as the code is from, i.e. Microsoft account | Redeem your code or gift card currently shows my location as New Zealand. hmmm... I've just tried accessing the xbox website to redeem a code from my phone with VPN active in argentina and the website still shows as NZ.. so you may need to change your location in the website... weirdly when I use the modified xbox app changing the store in the app changes my location automatically so works... although saying that I couldn't get the app to activate my turkey xbox live gold, had to use the website for that.

Back
Top Bottom