XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
The series S was just a bad decision altogether, they should have just released the one console, in the series X. I get some like the series S because its cheaper and they call it their gamepass machine, but personally it was daft making 2 xbox consoles, it just makes everything more difficult for devs.

I Disagree it was a good idea but as the other user posted they crippled it too much.

Digital only console yet the storage was only 512gb with expansion option being only MS own one at the time this cost almost the same as the console crazy.

Next yes the ram reduction which made 0 sense you have the previous XB1X which is able to run enhanced titles yet the new S could not at launch.

MS do not care about hardware and always make bad choices in that area.

The other problem with them is they dont care what the fan base wants they want to tell you what you want this switch started to happen in 360 era and this is why the decline happened.

If they wasn't covered by other sectors $$$ wise they would have been in trouble long time ago.

Soldato
So can someone help me, I don't actually own an XBOX but recently tried a trial of the Xcloud service on my Mac (and subsequently on the TV via HDMI) and was pretty impressed. I was even more impressed when playing it via GeForceNow but i'm a bit confused by which Gamepass id need to get the most out of the GeForceNow with it? i.e. do i need both the XBox and PC ones? Or is one better than the other?

And then based on that is the a conceived "best" way to get 12-24 months of membership to them for cheaper than going direct?

I'm still trying to figure out what the best combo is for me to play a decent catalog of games without actually dumping a load of cash on an Xbox or PS.

Last edited:
Associate
Game Pass Ultimate is the most comprehensive - it has the biggest library of games and can be used on console, PC or other devices ( via cloud gaming ). I don't think any of the lesser Game Pass tiers offer cloud gaming/streaming.

Soldato
So, I have a my Series X with GPU and my lads share my old Xbox one and use my sign in to play Mine craft on the XOne. Now we are in a good situation to get both the boys an Xbox S each, whats the best way to get them both game pass so they can both play different games and I can play what I want all at the same time? I can't use my X when they use my sign in to play on the current Xone.

From what I can make out Mine craft is only on GPU.

Associate
So, I have a my Series X with GPU and my lads share my old Xbox one and use my sign in to play Mine craft on the XOne. Now we are in a good situation to get both the boys an Xbox S each, whats the best way to get them both game pass so they can both play different games and I can play what I want all at the same time? I can't use my X when they use my sign in to play on the current Xone.

From what I can make out Mine craft is only on GPU.
There isn't a proper family GPU subscription, as far as I'm aware ... MS experimented with a family sub on a trial basis last year in some regions but nothing came of it. So for your situation, where you and both sons wish to play simultaneously, you'd need to get 3 separate GPU subs. Alternatively, if they are just playing Minecraft, might be cheaper to purchase a copy for each of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
There isn't a proper family GPU subscription, as far as I'm aware ... MS experimented with a family sub on a trial basis last year in some regions but nothing came of it. So for your situation, where you and both sons wish to play simultaneously, you'd need to get 3 separate GPU subs. Alternatively, if they are just playing Minecraft, might be cheaper to purchase a copy for each of them.
Could they still play together if I got both a copy what with multiplayer being on gamepasd core?

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like my lads will both need GPC/GPU to play with each other unless there is LAN option in Minecraft somewhere

You can play multiplayer offline for free but online required a sub for each player.

This is another reason I don't like the service & family account should have been available over a decade ago (Not sure if they are still doing a trial for this or it's been dropped)

Soldato
You can play multiplayer offline for free but online required a sub for each player.

This is another reason I don't like the service & family account should have been available over a decade ago (Not sure if they are still doing a trial for this or it's been dropped)
Thye got 3 months of GPU with their new consoles so, they are set for the time being. Once thats up, Ill see what I can arrange otherwise

Back
Top Bottom