**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Why would you have to do that? I imagine there will be plenty of other X1 owners to play with?

The guy desperately wants an X1, but he's prepared to buy something he doesn't want just to fit in with his friends?

... lol what? Is nothing to do with fitting in. It's social gaming with closer friends rather than Stansted online. Its much better

As a long time MMO player I don't understand the idea that you can only play with your existing friends. Anyway, it's kind of derailing the thread. He's going to spend £350 on something he doesn't want, and not get the thing he really, really wants. Well that's his choice at the end of the day. No way I'd do the same.

Still don't know whether to get this or the PS4. I'm leaning towards this not only for the exclusives, but Xbox looks to have loads of great music/video/tv features which I already use a lot on Xbox 360. PS4 looks solely built for gaming.

Very tempted to pre-order the "Day One" Xbox and Battlefield 4. Just wish the Day One edition came with something a bit more substantial!

Haven't played Battlefield since Bad Company 4 and having watched the multiplayer E3 demo, I'm pretty keen to get back into it :D

Kinda hoping they introduce some decent kinect related controls with it (voice commands would be handy).

Oh and Watch Dogs looks awesome, but I think I'll wait for the reviews before I take the plunge on that one.

Still don't know whether to get this or the PS4. I'm leaning towards this not only for the exclusives, but Xbox looks to have loads of great music/video/tv features which I already use a lot on Xbox 360. PS4 looks solely built for gaming.

You do know Sony was built on music / video / tv yes?

You do know Sony was built on music / video / tv yes?

Good point, at the same time though it's the market leader in none of them these days it seems. They seem to have got complacent around the time of the PS3 release and lost their way. Over the last couple of years though they seems have have found their mojo and on the way back......hopefully :cool:

Good point, at the same time though it's the market leader in none of them these days it seems. They seem to have got complacent around the time of the PS3 release and lost their way. Over the last couple of years though they seems have have found their mojo and on the way back......hopefully :cool:
Its hard to argue though when it comes to film and music that they arent in a better position than MS to exploit those kinds of resources.

When it comes to TV the XO has a distinct advantage with the HDMI in though, though exactly what that advantage is, is up for debate, nonetheless Sony cant replicate it...

I cant help but think they are both way behind the curve when it comes to where digesting media is heading though, its far more netflix/youtube than traditional programming. I still dont understand why MS still want that all behind a paywall though :confused:

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Its hard to argue though when it comes to film and music that they arent in a better position than MS to exploit those kinds of resources.

When it comes to TV the XO has a distinct advantage with the HDMI in though, though exactly what that advantage is, is up for debate, nonetheless Sony cant replicate it...

I cant help but think they are both way behind the curve when it comes to where digesting media is heading though, its far more netflix/youtube than traditional programming. I still dont understand why MS still want that all behind a paywall though :confused:

ps3ud0 :cool:

Agreed with that. Both consoles are already dated in their approach to handling media. I think if people really are into streaming media they will have invested in a dedicated media station, or used their home pc setup accordingly. Personally, when considering a PS4 or XBONE, I'm considering for games console alone. We still seem to be a fair way off a real all-in-one package that can deliver the lot in a manner I want.

Agreed with that. Both consoles are already dated in their approach to handling media. I think if people really are into streaming media they will have invested in a dedicated media station, or used their home pc setup accordingly. Personally, when considering a PS4 or XBONE, I'm considering for games console alone. We still seem to be a fair way off a real all-in-one package that can deliver the lot in a manner I want.

I wouldn't say they are behind already and it's not as if they don't have the chance to provide updates to add extra content and functions in future. Everything looks all good to me. What features are they missing that makes them so out of date?

Why do they have to be market leader?

Why do they have to be market leader?

I didn't say they did need to be the market leader. My point was that they built the company around those area's and were real pioneers/innovators. They were top dogs across the board and success appeared to make them fat and complacent. I think the last few years has gave them a kick up the *** they needed and hopefully they bring their A game to the features on the new console.

Back
Top Bottom