**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

I'm still not entirely sold on the X1, the problem being that Forza 5 is on it and Forza is probably my favourite line of games for a console. Very good physics, stunning graphics and fun online really make the game...it's just a shame it's an exclusive on what still appears to be an inferior yet more expensive console. Dammit Microsoft!

Both have 8gb ram.
Xbox makes use of DDR3 while PS4 has GDDR5.

Xbox also has 32Mb of something called ESRAM, but I have no idea what it's used for.

Pointless speculating on performance at this stage, as we all remember what the PS3 was hyped up to be.

Both have 8gb ram.

Xbox also has 32Mb of something called ESRAM, but I have no idea what it's used for.

Pointless speculating on performance at this stage, as we all remember what the PS3 was hyped up to be.

I thought this was fact? The spec sheets show that PS4 has the better GPU & it's obvious the Xbox will use more RAM because of all the features it has and it has extra OS on there also.

Also I know how much RAM they have but i'm saying how much spare they have.

Last edited:
Both have 8gb ram.

You're forgetting about the GPU

18CUs 1.8tflop on PS4 and 12CUs 1.2tflop on XB1. Considering they are using the same architecture it's quite a difference.

Which ones have you gone for?

I have the following pre-ordered:

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Ryse: Son of Rome
Destiny
Watch Dogs
Halo
Assassin's Creed 4
Titanfall
Project Spark
Quantum Break
Metal Gear Solid 5 (Will be the first MGS game I have played)

This is my current pre-order list (more than 8 I know but 8 of these have been confirmed for launch date)

Wow, I was going to ridicule you (Because what console launch has had 8 good games?) But they all actually interest me :O I'll play wait and see on AC after 3 though. Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 are my definites at the moment with maybe Forza, Ryse and Project Spark once we know more.

I decided to change my 360 pre-orders for Destiny and AC4 to the xbox one. The only thing that would have made the xb-1 launch better would have been a halo game as well but I would rather wait than get something rushed to market.

Yeah I was thinking it was a lot of games for launch myself so it may get cut down but I would rather have them on pre-order and cancel than not have them and regret not getting them. There are more games I could order but I am having to calm myself down.

Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Ryse: Son of Rome
Watch Dogs
Quantum Break
Metal Gear Solid 5 (Will be the first MGS game I have played)

These are the ones that really interest me for launch (assuming all are launch titles), along with Fifa 14. This is easily going to be the most expensive console launch for me, as I remember when I got the 360 at launch I only got 3 games with it. Now I want at least 5!

Any word on official game pricing yet? As the £54.99 pricing on Amazon is rather harsh! I am assuming those are just place holder prices, and actual game costs will be the £39.99 we are used to?

Back
Top Bottom