**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

It'll vary slightly but I imagine game prices will more or less settle and be the same as they are now.

The games at launch could well be marked up though...

Any word on official game pricing yet? As the £54.99 pricing on Amazon is rather harsh! I am assuming those are just place holder prices, and actual game costs will be the £39.99 we are used to?
MS have said first party games will be $59 which equates to around £40, although who knows. They also said they will not be increasing royalty's for Xbox One so in theory everything should be the same pricing as current 360 prices baring retailers marking up for launch etc.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/14/4431720/microsoft-selling-xbox-one-first-party-games-for-59-99

Interestingly MS said they won't be region locking so the opportunity is there to buy from cheaper markets (USA/Russia etc) potentially.

I've just watched the MGS5 trailer and it looks incredible. I did play MGS4 during the brief period I owned a PS3, but I gave up with it, the cut scenes were so damn long and I just found it all very boring, but MGS5 looks brilliant.

I've just watched the MGS5 trailer and it looks incredible. I did play MGS4 during the brief period I owned a PS3, but I gave up with it, the cut scenes were so damn long and I just found it all very boring, but MGS5 looks brilliant.

MGS4 looked amazing before you got to play it too.....

I have the following pre-ordered:

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Ryse: Son of Rome
Destiny
Watch Dogs
Halo
Assassin's Creed 4
Titanfall
Project Spark
Quantum Break
Metal Gear Solid 5 (Will be the first MGS game I have played)

This is my current pre-order list (more than 8 I know but 8 of these have been confirmed for launch date)

Genuine question, and no im not poking. I assume you have a decent job considering you've just spunked well over 1k+ on a console and games....which makes me wonder, what job allows you to play 13 games in a time period which has made you preorder all 13? :p

MGS4 looked amazing before you got to play it too.....

In fairness, MGS4 looked amazing while I was playing it too :p I certainly didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it looked.

Just a shame the story was so terribad. I think MGS5 will be better story-wise, since it's another prequel. And MGS3 (a prequel) was excellent in all aspects.

MGS4 was Kojima "doing a George Lucas" :p

Genuine question, and no im not poking. I assume you have a decent job considering you've just spunked well over 1k+ on a console and games....which makes me wonder, what job allows you to play 13 games in a time period which has made you preorder all 13? :p

I have a fairly well paid job yes, could always be better :D (software developer by trade has taken me 10 years to get to this position from call centre support to first/second line support in a SME to junior developer to developer and hopefully senior developer by the end of the year and now doing some freelance work)

I guess I am lucky that I see my job as a hobby I get paid for rather than having to get up everyday to go to work and count down the time to the end of the day.

Dedicated servers for multiplayer are pretty much a requirement for me now, I'd not go back to playing P2P multiplayer FPS so if all XB1 titles will have dedi servers I'll be happy. :)

Would I be wrong in thinking that the term they use for 'dedicated servers' is not in the sense of how gamers understand this term?

That to me reads like they are saying the games have dedicated servers for offloading tasks from the console. Nothing about dedicated servers for multiplayer.

I guess I am lucky that I see my job as a hobby I get paid for rather than having to get up everyday to go to work and count down the time to the end of the day.

That's always a good thing. I would feel the same way about my job if I could move away from the 1st line support I do and go fully into the software/server side of things I lean more towards. Unfortunately there is zero chance of that happening.

Back on topic, if anyone is interested in Project Spark, they're taking applications for beta testers right now - https://joinprojectspark.com/

Back
Top Bottom