1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. willhub

Capodecina

I tried to turn HDR off to try RDR2 without it, however turning HDR, I assume in display this is unticking HDR10, it then says I don't support 4k 60Hz, so I have to keep HDR on to support 4K 60Hz?

2. ak22

Soldato

Can you turn it off in game? or via the xbox settings?

3. hyperseven

Soldato

anyone tried KB+M in the currently supported games yet? Wonder when we'll get Word and Excel :D

4. TALON1973

Mobster

Is burnout paradise remastered any good ? It's £6.25 qtm.

5. hyperseven

Soldato

Its included with EA access, might as well give it a go with that. Usually cheap months/year subs on offer.

6. pioneer2000

Soldato

Anyone having issue with Dolby Atmos constantly reverting to Stereo in the audio settings?

I've seen a thread about it on the Xbox forums and seems to be something to do with the later/latest dashboard updates (it used to work perfectly)...

7. ricky1981

Mobster

Weird, I didn't run into that, other option is just turn it off on your TV for that HDMI port. The setting will depend on your TV as some of them give HDR weird names.

On PS4 you can just turn it off in-game apparently, guessing MS don't make that available on the XB1 or R* chose not to put that option in.

8. pcfarrar

Hitman

That sounds odd, disabling HDR should have no effect on 4K 60Hz, I have HDR disabled on mine and it works fine.

9. willhub

Capodecina

Did you disable it where it says HDR10 in display settings?

10. pcfarrar

Hitman

Yes that's correct, just unticked the box.

11. willhub

Capodecina

Does the one X send Dolby Atmos through TV via HDMi then from TV to my normal stereo amp because when I'm browsing things and moving tiles when I go to the bottom it sounds like they're behind me despite not having surround !

12. Stokesy

Gangster

I bought an XBONE S today. It's been installing Project Cars 2 from a DVD for ~4 hours and is at 88%. Is this normal? Seems like it would take forever to download and install a game you buy online.

13. Raggs

Wise Guy

every game seems to come with a massive additional mandatory download i got that with mine didn't take 4 hours tho what connection speed do you have ?

14. Stokesy

Gangster

Not sure. I'm back at my parent's place so it's probably the cheapest and slowest connection they could find. Didn't occur to me that it would be downloading content. I assumed it was installing stuff off the DVD, which is why I was confused by the amount of time taken.

15. Raggs

Wise Guy

i got 4 games with mine everyone needed a big download the biggest was red dead redemption 2 hardly worth having the disc not bad for me on 200mb but even with that have seen it take nearly an hour sometimes too install a game,

was going to gift my old xbox too my brother but he's only got 100 gb per month on his mobile plan don't think it's viable.

16. willhub

Capodecina

I stuck COD in and it needed an additional 62GB download!! Insanity!!

17. Zico

Mobster

You would have got an option to update when you went to install the DVD which would download whatever update is available online while installing. If you choose to install and update later it will just install from the DVD first which will make things quicker to physically install.

18. peahead

Mobster

Yes I have the same issue it just keeps forgetting the Dolby Atmos setting and reverting to stereo.

19. TALON1973

Mobster

Hopefully someone can answer this....

I've got Xbox credit ... Looking to get more , but this credit will have a use by date of Feb 2019.

If I buy something , will Xbox use the limited time credit first ?

20. Zico

Mobster

When you go to buy something via the MS store it should give you the option to choose between any credit OR your registered Credit/Debit card. If you use the credit it will use the earliest expiring credit first.

One thing to note, if you purchase a pre-order title and make a part payment with Xbox credit and a Credit/Debit card, Microsoft only take payment 10 days before so if your Xbox credit expires before this, you will lose it. Had this happen to me after a Microsoft Store Support assistant said that it wouldn't expire and said to contact them 24 hours later. Needless to say the credit did expire as the pre-order hadn't been billed. Thankfully Microsoft credited me 3 months of Xbox Live for the £5 Xbox credit lost.