Xbox One X

Hmmmmm my still says shipping soon on amazon , not looking good :(
ditto still saying due to be dispatched arriving today but i've been onto amazon and they don't know if it will be delivered or not. i ordered this as soon as it was available on amazon and its always said i would get it on launch day.

I don't think its stock problems as money has been taken and thats not taken unless stock has been allocated its just amazons very poor delivery service.

ditto still saying due to be dispatched arriving today but i've been onto amazon and they don't know if it will be delivered or not. i ordered this as soon as it was available on amazon and its always said i would get it on launch day.

I don't think its stock problems as money has been taken and thats not taken unless stock has been allocated its just amazons very poor delivery service.

Standard for Amazon console pre orders, they've never delivered release day for me in the past. Pretty **** poor if you ask me.

They do offer release day for some items, they will specifically offer 'Release day' as a delivery option.

Just got the delay email and i will get another email when it has been dispatched appalling by amazon i've always ordered via other companies when it comes to launches xbox one/ps4/ps4 pro etc as they can't be relied on. With games i do feel its different and i'm happy to order with them the latest super mario game for the switch turned up on launch day. Why i decided on amazon for my scorpio i can't fathom. Is amazon phone CS based in the uk ?

Standard for Amazon console pre orders, they've never delivered release day for me in the past. Pretty **** poor if you ask me.

They do offer release day for some items, they will specifically offer 'Release day' as a delivery option.

my order has always said arriving 7th november not expected delivery but arriving 7th november

Im in the process of cancelling my amazon order and im going to pick up a standard edition from Argos.
Lesson learned , dont use amazon for pre orders :-(

Just got the delay email and i will get another email when it has been dispatched appalling by amazon i've always ordered via other companies when it comes to launches xbox one/ps4/ps4 pro etc as they can't be relied on. With games i do feel its different and i'm happy to order with them the latest super mario game for the switch turned up on launch day. Why i decided on amazon for my scorpio i can't fathom. Is amazon phone CS based in the uk ?

CS is random anywhere across the world, I’ve had India, America, Jamaica in the past lol. Don’t think I’ve ever had UK

Just had the following from amazon

Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched:

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"

This confirmation e-mail will include tracking information if it's available and a new estimated delivery date.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched.

Never ever had an issue.

Ordered numerous consoles and hundreds of games.

Only one game has ever been late.

Games no problem, consoles not so much.

They're obviously not reliable (as far as consoles are concerned) as the above proves, the SNES mini in particular rocked up 3 days after release for me.

No idea what the deal is with consoles but their delivery service on everything else i've ever ordered from them has always been awesome, apart from one joker dumping the streets deliveries on me when I was out.

Last edited:
I've just logged into my Amazon account to be greeted with the same message about delivery. Up until now, even last night, it was saying delivery today. Now, it's saying by 8pm tomorrow! Not happy!

Tuesday, 7 November
5:44 AM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
Wigan, GB

Which is usually promptly followed by a message saying it's out for delivery - but I expect not in this case. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it now goes missing. There. I've said it. Now watch it happen.

EDIT: I've just checked my Amex and there appears to be 2, TWO, pending transactions from Amazon, each for £449.99. Presumably for the console, but why two? Anyone else seen/heard of that happening before?

I'm in two minds whether to leave it a couple of days to see if it sorts itself out. Or jump straight onto a live chat with Amazon to ask WTF is going on.

Last edited:
Called it in the SNES mini thread :(

Disappointed with Amazon on their pre orders, would've expected it to be delivered on release day but nada, denied.

I have a Scorpio Xbox One pre ordered with them as well, would expect the same will probably happen with that :(

Is this delay for those that pre ordered the Scorpio edition or the standard? Standard seems to be available for order right now for delivery tomorrow, so hoping everyone gets theirs by tomorrow at the latest.

I got this email but my Amazon order page says it should be getting delivered by 8pm today and will be shipped soon. Not sure what to believe, annoying as I've taken the day off work so someone is home to receive the thing.

Same for me too , guy on live chat said really sorry blah blah blah ... if i get written confirmation from my HR department and proof of my net daily earnings then i can be compensated !!! why they hell should i go out my way when its those guys that have made the error lol.

Hopefully theres less drama at Argos later on :(

Back
Top Bottom