Xbox Scorpio

Caporegime
Holy **** they did it.......

That changes things quite a lot, I wonder how Sony respond to that.

4K gaming at 60FPS....VR as well.

8 Cores
6 TFlops
320GB/s memory bandwidth
4K/VR Gaming
BC and forward compatible

Last edited:
Soldato
I think this is MS early response to sony as they have announced it 18months before release. So I expect SOny to announce a similar system in their conference with a closer release.

Any way you look at it that seems like an impressive GPU for a console

Soldato
Well, Sony said they where not even talking about the Neo.

Thing is they said 6 tflop GPU, not as a system, but 6 tflops on the gpu alone.

Soldato
Holiday 2017 so just over a year away, 320gb/s means gddr5x right?

This thing is gonna be beastly.

$499 I reckon, amd polaris is cheap yet powerful. $699 would be silly

Caporegime
If they really can do 4K gaming at a solid 60fps for £499 or less then that will be amazeballs. And especially as it will play the entire Xbone library and all the 360 titles that are BC. I'll need a new telly.

Soldato
Gonna be epic, Oculus rift across PC and Xbox. Already traded in the PS4 for a Neo but for VR I'm all in on the Oculus platform

Caporegime
They have caught Sony with the pants down here.
No they haven't - quite the opposite actually. While I get the hype - announcing something 12months+ early because of a competing console that isn't due to be announced isn't on face value a coup.

All they've done is removed the spotlight from the XO Slim...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Chances of it running at 60fps 4k is next to none. And what about people on 1080p TVs? Not many people own 4k TVs, and if they do somehow get games at 4k 60fps (which even PCs can't do unless thousands are spent on them) what will the graphical quality be of said games? Low? Somehow even lower than low settings to achieve 60fps? Cause if that's the case, this sounds like a Scorpio would be a downgrade to anyone not on a 4k TV as you'll be running games that have worse graphical settings than those on Xbox ONE at the same resolution on your TV.

Though on a side note, if they reduce console 'generations' to 4 years instead of 8, that could be great for gaming as a whole.

Caporegime
Gonna be epic, Oculus rift across PC and Xbox. Already traded in the PS4 for a Neo but for VR I'm all in on the Oculus platform

I don't understand the logic of having a VR PC and a VR Xbone. The way they were babbling on about "play anywhere" you're hardly going to be carting your rig on the bus are you. That sounded stupid.

Soldato
Thing is they said 6 tflop GPU, not as a system, but 6 tflops on the gpu alone.

Makes it similar to the performance of a 1070? Of course its not going to be around for some time yet, but thats still pretty impressive and a huge jump over the Xbox one which was always lacking.

Soldato
It's just specs guys, lets wait and see if it really can do 60fps at full 4k not upscaled first before we get all excited. You can't even get that experience on a £700 PC GPU alone currently so it's quite a bold statement.

Last edited:
Soldato
New 1080 can't do 60fps at 4k so how is this console going to manage it unless textures are back to the dinosaur era

Soldato
I don't understand the logic of having a VR PC and a VR Xbone. The way they were babbling on about "play anywhere" you're hardly going to be carting your rig on the bus are you. That sounded stupid.

I have games I prefer on Xbox and games I prefer on PC. I wanted the rift on PC anyway so now being able to use it on your Xbox games will be sweet.

I don't get your analogy of carting on the bus, bit different to carrying it downstairs.

Back
Top Bottom