• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Yeah I’m on the verge of punting my pc on the MM and getting a ps5. So I’ll probably be doing the same.
Just out of curiousity why are you thinking of switching from PC to console gaming? I used to play on PC mainly but with the uprise of cheating in PC games like CoD and Siege I now spend more time on console.

Soldato
It was cost for me, here in NZ a decent PC will go upwards of $4-5K dollars and that's just ridiculous. I use my Series X for most gaming sessions and then Geforce Now (ultimate Tier which is 3080 here) for anything else. We have fantastic fibre to the home (950/450) here so geforce now is fantastic for most games, even playing games like The Witcher 3 it was difficult to tell the difference between local and remote play.

Associate
Just out of curiousity why are you thinking of switching from PC to console gaming? I used to play on PC mainly but with the uprise of cheating in PC games like CoD and Siege I now spend more time on console.

I jump back and forth often. Usually the likes of Warcraft bringing me back.

But ultimately, I’m getting older and my days of gaming every night are behind me - usually get around 3 nights a week to game. I have a Mac mini for my general web browsing, photo and video editing, so the pc itself is pretty much a console. Turn it on, game, turn it off after. While it is more powerful than the consoles and even what the ps5 pro will be, upgrades are looming(will be a complete rebuild) in the not too distant future and trying to justify spending £2-3k on a pc that’s getting used only for games a few nights a week is tough. Combine that with the fact it’s 2-3 times the cost of both consoles it’s all just too much to justify.

If I used my pc full time, maybe. But I don’t, my Mac mini is totally fine and I always get an Xbox to game with friends. Might as well sell the pc and get as much as I can for it, get rid of the monitor and get a lg oled and a ps5.

…at least for now haha.

Soldato
What is the best way to get headphones to work on the Xbox? I had a wired pair which worked fine but they broke so I'm looking at something that will last for a while. Under £100 would be good. No need for a microphone.

Soldato
That is what I ended up getting. I'll try it out this evening.

I use these settings that I found ages ago in another thread. Work perfectly for me

• Dolby Atmos: Performance mode on, normal (flat) profile on every category.
  • Custom EQ: -3, -4, -1, +1, 0

Now the bass is punchy and tight without being overly loud, the mids are brought forward, and the decent high end is maintained. I love the form and features of this headset and now I am happy with the performance and they will be my primary gaming headset. No more wires for me, and being able to simultaneously listen to Youtube on my phone and have game sound at the same time without Bluetooth latency through the same headset is such a great feature that I didn't know I needed.

Soldato
Anyone have any issues with the xbox x and LG TV? Jumps to super low resolution, no signal etc!

Yes does it with my C3 every now and again. Never does it with anything else like PS5. I did switch off ALLM which fixed it for a while but it did it again a few days ago.

I find if I turn the tv on to a different input, then turn on Xbox and wait for it to detect it with the message in top right, then turn the tv to the Xbox it seems ok.

It’s a pain and still no fix.

Soldato
Anyone have any issues with the xbox x and LG TV? Jumps to super low resolution, no signal etc!

Yeah happens on the rare occasion with my series x and LG CX.

I disable that instant game response setting, and back on and it fixes the low res issue.

Some say they turn the console off and on, but the above is a quicker fix.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the official Xbox headset and it works fine in games but when watching a Blu-ray the audio skips and stutters. I've updated it to the latest firmware but that hasn't made any difference. Has anyone else had this issue?

Soldato
I got the official Xbox headset and it works fine in games but when watching a Blu-ray the audio skips and stutters. I've updated it to the latest firmware but that hasn't made any difference. Has anyone else had this issue?
Have you tried another blu-ray disc? Do you play games from the drive?

I would guess its either that disc or the drive if you haven't used it til now.

Associate

@Cromulent If it isn't the drive. Another thought would be does the audio stutter when not using headphones - i.e. on the TV speakers, thus ruling out any issue with the headset.

And are you using stereo or one of the 3D codecs (i.e. Dolby Atmos for Headphones)?

Last edited:
Soldato

I'll try another disc. No all my games are downloads.
@Cromulent If it isn't the drive. Another thought would be does the audio stutter when not using headphones - i.e. on the TV speakers, thus ruling out any issue with the headset.

And are you using stereo or one of the 3D codecs (i.e. Dolby Atmos for Headphones)?
I'll have a play around with different discs and seeing if it works on the TV as well. I normally don't use my TV speakers as I live in a shared house so need to be careful of noise.

Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom