Xdefiant

Associate
Played a round - much better than the previous beta, but it doesn't really grab me as its just more COD (of which I already have 4 CODs clogging up my NVME). I won't play it much, but can't fault it for free though

Caporegime
well its got cod sweating over 1 million people downloaded it in the first 2 and a half hrs on launch. no wonder servers melted. also its double xp weekend at moment. also s and d is confirmed. hopefully they can keep adding game modes content regular and give cod a good kick up the back side . we need competition as cod is just lazy now.

Associate
Had a few games this morning and it plays alright. It has some fun moments, it's nice to have no SBMM in casual modes but the amount of people already crying about people cheating when it's just an immediate example of how protected people have been with the strict SBMM in COD. I got accused twice in 3 games...

I also quite liked how it played on both m&k and controller, seems fairly balanced between both! It's weird that it feels a bit like a mobile game at times, not sure how else to explain it.

Caporegime
Had a few games this morning and it plays alright. It has some fun moments, it's nice to have no SBMM in casual modes but the amount of people already crying about people cheating when it's just an immediate example of how protected people have been with the strict SBMM in COD. I got accused twice in 3 games...

I also quite liked how it played on both m&k and controller, seems fairly balanced between both! It's weird that it feels a bit like a mobile game at times, not sure how else to explain it.
yeah i already had this convo with a few people and knew it would happen especially from cod players which is stupidly easy in comparision and only normally takes a few on target shots with op weapons. in xdefiant you need to be more accurate have better sharper game sense even in public games. so average joe will get panned in this then say its bad. its only just out as well so imagine in a months time when good people only just learning get even better and by then most of the people who get spanked will probably of gone back to cod . if you want to be a better player play higher skilled games. sitting on cod just makes you terrible.

Associate
The netcode is pretty poor dying behind cover etc. But they are working on that apparently. I’ve played every night since launch and have been enjoying it. Weapon levelling is a bit slow tho.

Caporegime
Maybe for now while it’s new. It will be littered with cheaters soon.

Does the anticheat ban at the hardware level? I know even that can be bypassed but it puts a lot more people off.
you know the really funny thing and people get eaten up by cheating is its not really been any different for as long as fps games have been out. i used to be a punkbuster pb admin. its always been about 10 - 15 percent of the player base of a fps game cheats for over 20 years no matter the game. i dont know to what level xdefiant bans at yet as its literally just came out. so it should be not as bad as say cod yet..the skill level of players though is generally higher and will remain higher than cod for eg just because of how it plays.

Last edited:
Caporegime
you know the really funny thing and people get eaten up by cheating is its not really been any different for as long as fps games have been out. i used to be a punkbuster pb admin. its always been about 10 - 15 percent of the player base of a fps game cheats for over 20 years no matter the game.

It actually varies quite a bit depending on the game, the cost and the level of anti-cheat.

If a game is free, there are public/cheap cheats available and the anti cheat or ban system isn’t very good, it will be higher. 10-15% is enough to ruin the online experience if people aren’t hardware ID banned or it takes months to ban them.

Things were quite a bit different in the punkbuster era with each server having active admins.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It actually varies quite a bit depending on the game, the cost and the level of anti-cheat.

If a game is free, there are public/cheap cheats available and the anti cheat or ban system isn’t very good, it will be higher. 10-15% is enough to ruin the online experience if people aren’t hardware ID banned or it takes months to ban them.

Things were quite a bit different in the punkbuster era with each server having active admins.
no thats the point it doesnt matter its always about the same percentage wise and doesnt really change. over 20 plus years. paid game or free. pubg is a prime eg recent they did a ban wave and it was about 10 percent of the player base. total. the key is dont get into the everyones cheating mentality in cod for eg everytime someone gets killed its a cheater. it isnt most of the time its just a better player. doesnt help with all the clickbait cheater exposed videos either with 90 percent of the people they say are cheating arent cheating at all. just sheep mentality which is sadly become the normal.

Back
Top Bottom