Xdefiant

I have to admit ive played a silly amount of this now and its an absolute breath of fresh air to the genre imo.
Its so refreshing to play and know your not being manipulated by an algorithm and im not a just hamster on the wheel.
Im someone who mainly plays tactical shooters for my fps fix.
Ive totally not enjoyed all the recent COD games despite buying most [when will i learn] to the point where its turned me right off that genre within the fps genre but with XDefiant i feel i can really enjoy some old school arcade casual gameplay for a change.
Initially i played a couple of maps and thought they were poor but now ive played all the game has to offer its all very well designed and the game modes are the best iteration of said modes ive ever played.
My only issue is the netcode at times , shot behind corners in particular but i feel thats just inherent with the fast movement pace and literally the game and servers cant keep up but its really not that noticeable 99% of the time.
There are infinite vids out there now but this guy summed it up very well to me.

lots of other games modes and maps incoming soon too. tdm capture the flag s and d is confirmed. its a great game bit brutal if you play on your own at the start or if not with a team of friends but once you get a few decent guns it really is a great game. little tip ak47 with just a red dot rails people. get that literally instant so stick that on if new also the lmgs are very good i got the m60 now and with a red dot oooft its a thing of beauty. all they need to do is keep adding game modes and content and this is only going to get better and better and that is all coming within the next few weeks ...9 million people have played this already it isnt a play and gone game. this is the real thing ! about time as cod needed a kick up the back side for being so lazy and most things are broken. refreshing to just play a fps game in mp where things just work !

I played the early access and now release and to be honest, Imo its nothing special its very generic and nothing new.
TTK felt kind of slow, Not sure if that's because i was using mere first rank weapons.

Its nowhere near the COD killer these Youtubers are making it out to be :rolleyes:.

Not gonna lie, I love your enthusiasm but it's bold to think this game won't just significantly drop it's playerbase the moment the new CoD comes out.
currently about 500000 concurrent players . so the key is get the new maps in and the game modes and keep the base happy. yes many will buy the new cod but im not bothered about that as cod doesnt change ! this is why people are on xdediant in big numbers as they sick of sbmm buggy gameplay broken gameplay packet burst dodgy connections..list goes on. hopefully this will have a big effect i doubt it though as sheep will still buy a broken cod regardless which is a shame as this is better even at release than mw3. why would anyone give black ops or cod another 60 quid for the same thing you already going to have with the same issues. i dont know.

I played the early access and now release and to be honest, Imo its nothing special its very generic and nothing new.
TTK felt kind of slow, Not sure if that's because i was using mere first rank weapons.

Its nowhere near the COD killer these Youtubers are making it out to be :rolleyes:.
cod there is about 100k playing online now across the platfroms.. 500k on xdefiant .on youtubers will obviously clickbait titles and so on but if xdefiant does go the right way it can have a serious effect on cod which is always good as they may have to actually make a good game again. instead of rehashing and making crap games. there is no competiton in fps so cod has got away with it for years ! battlefield screwed up couldnt make a decent game for last 3 - 5 years so cods just had free reign to take your money and make half assed games. yet people flock to buy them cause there is no other big decent fps games. now one is here it just needs to as above add content regular which is already confirmed for next year plus ! add in the game modes people wants already confirmed and grow and keep its player base.

Last edited:
cod there is about 100k playing online now across the platfroms.. 500k on xdefiant .on youtubers will obviously clickbait titles and so on but if xdefiant does go the right way it can have a serious effect on cod which is always good as they may have to actually make a good game again. instead of rehashing and making crap games. there is no competiton in fps so cod has got away with it for years ! battlefield screwed up couldnt make a decent game for last 3 - 5 years so cods just had free reign to take your money and make half assed games. yet people flock to buy them cause there is no other big decent fps games. now one is here it just needs to as above add content regular which is already confirmed for next year plus ! add in the game modes people wants already confirmed and grow and keep its player base.
I guess only time will tell, I hope it can become something great as like you mentioned COD does need some serious competition.
I think the major challenge for them is how they're going to deal with the influx of cheaters coming over from COD,if they can keep this somewhat under control and not faff about like cod does in regards to their lack of action and doing cover ups etc when it comes to streamers, then that alone will keep ex-cod players interested.

Its better than any COD of the last decade for me but ofcourse its all about taste.

it is nice with no skill based match making and just playing and enjoying yourself like we used to do in older cods. seeing all the new games modes and new maps coming very soon is also brilliant news.

There’s double weapon XP this weekend. If you pop a token at the same time the weapons level are pretty quickly.
yeah ive been levelling the AK47 also the lmgs...the M60 is a monster with a red dot on also the AK47 only really needs a red dot on too be amazing. will level up some more tomorrow.

I can’t really get on with the AK even tho it’s almost max level. Been using the Vector a lot lately.
as said just the red dot on it no other attachments seems the best for some reason like a lazer and has the best damage for a AR. not got the vector yet. will give it a try soon.

I played beta ages ago but not played it on release. Still need to give it a go as seems more like classic CoD compared to recent CoD games.

It's worth a go, the no SBMM is good but I'm just not enjoying the game as much in general.

Can't put my finger on what I don't like but think it's a combination of lots of little things. Tonight for instance had 3 games, all of which started with someone on the team leaving near the start and the spot never being filled. When they add more modes I think it will be better.

Back
Top Bottom