Xdefiant

Caporegime
no thats the point it doesnt matter its always about the same percentage wise and doesnt really change. over 20 plus years. paid game or free. pubg is a prime eg recent they did a ban wave and it was about 10 percent of the player base. total. the key is dont get into the everyones cheating mentality in cod for eg everytime someone gets killed its a cheater. it isnt most of the time its just a better player. doesnt help with all the clickbait cheater exposed videos either with 90 percent of the people they say are cheating arent cheating at all. just sheep mentality which is sadly become the normal.

Those points are massively important and we've seen statistics to prove it. Things are a lot different now than they were in the Punkbuster days with active admins on every server. Back then, blatant cheaters would be banned from pretty much all popular servers in games like the former Battlefields within days of cheating.

The rest of your post is just waffle, as nobody has suggested that everyone cheats or anything about those clickbait COD cheater videos.

It's not just the percentage either, it's the cyclical nature of cheating now vs then. Like I said, 10-15% but bans/ban waves happening frequently is very different to 10-15% but cheaters being able to play for months before being caught in one. That's more than enough to ruin the experience, as it means at least one cheater on average in a decent sized lobby.

Aside from whatever percentage is also banned, you also have the "soft" cheaters who turn things like 2D radar on and off, these tend to take much longer to catch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Those points are massively important and we've seen statistics to prove it. Things are a lot different now than they were in the Punkbuster days with active admins on every server. Back then, blatant cheaters would be banned from pretty much all popular servers in games like the former Battlefields within days of cheating.

The rest of your post is just waffle, as nobody has suggested that everyone cheats or anything about those clickbait COD cheater videos.

It's not just the percentage either, it's the cyclical nature of cheating now vs then. Like I said, 10-15% but bans/ban waves happening frequently is very different to 10-15% but cheaters being able to play for months before being caught in one. That's more than enough to ruin the experience, as it means at least one cheater on average in a decent sized lobby.

Aside from whatever percentage is also banned, you also have the "soft" cheaters who turn things like 2D radar on and off, these tend to take much longer to catch.
as said once you start looking into everything cheating. just stop playing. as every semi decent player will be a cheater even though they not. seen it so many times. most people are just decent and cheating isnt as rife as people make out.

Caporegime
You aren’t making much sense to be honest as I’m not talking about everyone cheating or accusing every decent player of it.

That said, there’s no point derailing this thread any further.

Soldato
The thing that is annoying me the most in this game is the bunny hopping, I get the idea of it but spam jumping is just stupid and the animation of it just makes it even worse.

I also get the arguments for no SBMM but this will certainly mean 'casuals' will not like it and I believe that this F2P game will not survive without the casuals.

It had a lot of downloads and people playing at launch but I'd imagine that will drop off a lot soon.

Last edited:
Associate
Not entirely convinced on the "No SBMM" they say.

Every game I've had (over about 30 games) seems to be really close on points for winning, it's like a sweat fest.

Also getting major issues with desync, the amount of times I'll get killed after I'm behind a wall/cover is ridiculous.

Soldato
Not entirely convinced on the "No SBMM" they say.

Every game I've had (over about 30 games) seems to be really close on points for winning, it's like a sweat fest.

Seen many posts about this they reckon that "casuals" are not playing this yet and its mainly the tryhards who want a break from likes of COD etc and that's why it's so sweaty (hardly had a game that isn't).
When the "casuals" start playing they reckon the lobby will balance out a bit and not be as sweaty but I'm not convinced, I think any casuals that play it as it is will probably have a couple of games and leave it.

Associate
Seen many posts about this they reckon that "casuals" are not playing this yet and its mainly the tryhards who want a break from likes of COD etc and that's why it's so sweaty (hardly had a game that isn't).
When the "casuals" start playing they reckon the lobby will balance out a bit and not be as sweaty but I'm not convinced, I think any casuals that play it as it is will probably have a couple of games and leave it.
Yep, I think you hit the nail on the head. I know of at least 5 friends who are casual and uninstalled it because they just didn't have any fun at all.

Hopefully it does become a bit more casual!

Soldato
I had 4 games on this last night. I quite enjoyed the pace, but I don't really get the bringing in of themes from other games into it.

It is probably something I could dive into play if friends wanted a blast, but it doesn't come across as something that I would play regularly over COD.

It was very easy to just pick up, dive in and play though, which is a rarity these days.

Associate
It's a bit like in Call of Duty - Players who jump almost their entire game, and quick-scoping. Two things i'd love to see removed from any proper shooter.

Caporegime
The thing that is annoying me the most in this game is the bunny hopping, I get the idea of it but spam jumping is just stupid and the animation of it just makes it even worse.

I also get the arguments for no SBMM but this will certainly mean 'casuals' will not like it and I believe that this F2P game will not survive without the casuals.

It had a lot of downloads and people playing at launch but I'd imagine that will drop off a lot soon.
it will filter a lot of casuals out as the skill is a lot higher in this than cod for eg. so casuals noobs will get smashed then go back to the normal easy game. thats the problem that cod with sbmm for eg has done. its made many people worse skilled wise because its so easy. will the game survive long term i think as long as they add in popular modes which are already confirmed maybe make some more casual modes too it will have a niche following but it aint a cod killer.

Caporegime
the key thing to remember is this...there is no skill based match making . so you will get put in with whoever you get. could be noobs could be a stacked 6 of sweaty people. like older cods. also guns make a massive difference. so get a good gun and practice with it.

Back
Top Bottom