Xdefiant

Man of Honour
Not played it but I watched some gameplay on twitch and it looks decent, lots of claims that it's what COD used to be so im interested after the disappointment of MW2.

I've got access to the closed beta via watching on twitch, just gotta watch a channel with drops on for 30mins and connect your ubisoft account to twitch.

Soldato
OP
Seems to have come out of nowhere this game, I've read some positive stuff about it. How do you go about getting in the beta?
yeah i just did as explicit above, opened a twitch stream on a separate tab for half hour and got in.

its very much what cod used to me. none of all this faff and complication that MW2 has got.

Associate
Aye I was watching a Jack Frags video on it a couple of nights ago and he said pretty much the same thing, reminds him of old school cod, right down to the gunplay. It's being released with 20 something maps too he said, which is pretty cool, not sure how many maps the beta offers?

Soldato
Steelseries are giving away codes if you have an account and GG installed.

Played couple of games its ok, but as its a F2P game so its gonna have the usual issues with cheats and microtrans hell.

Associate
I signed up on the website but can't see a way to download the beta. The ubisoft website says you just need to register on the xdefiant website so I was expecting an email code or something. Can't be bothered with twitch

Associate
Open beta starts from tomorrow and preload is available now for anyone who played the closed beta. Looks like they've worked on the areas flagged during the closed beta so it should be good to see how it plays with more people able to access it.

I enjoyed the closed beta, maps were nice (some better than others) and it was nice to have a slightly more simple approach to weapons / attachments compared to what we've had going on with COD these last 4 years.

Associate
Open beta starts from tomorrow and preload is available now for anyone who played the closed beta. Looks like they've worked on the areas flagged during the closed beta so it should be good to see how it plays with more people able to access it.

I enjoyed the closed beta, maps were nice (some better than others) and it was nice to have a slightly more simple approach to weapons / attachments compared to what we've had going on with COD these last 4 years.
Played a round before I couldn't connect back to the servers, seemed fun enough, wasn't a fan of seeing the enemies health bar, if it's free to play it'll be in my revolving list of fps games to try out.

Is there any

Associate
Tried it tonight but for me something is wrong somewhere. The game is very choppy like it's missing frames. It's unplayable unfortunately.

Associate
Yeah, I played the 'server test' the other week and felt the same. Not as impressive/fun as last year but I'll still give it a shot when it actually releases now.

The aiming felt off for me on the latest test, don't know why, but did see a few others reporting the same.

Also wasn't a fan of the TTK, but that could have been part of the test.

Back
Top Bottom